Ruby on Rails Developer
Software Development | San Francisco, CA, USA | Full Time
We are a digitally native technology services company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use some of the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We have more than 8,300 professionals and we are present in 14 countries working for companies like Google, LinkedIn, BBVA, EA and Coca Cola, among others.
We were named a Worldwide Leader of Digital Strategy Consulting Services by IDC MarketScape report (2016 and 2017). We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
For more information, visit www.globant.com
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Right now, we’re looking for Ruby on Rails developers to join our teams to work on the redesign of several web portals and internal tools from an important client from the financial sector.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Reporting overall status of the project and established good practices.
- Have experience on REST API services built on top of Ruby and Rails.
- Work in a flexible, team-oriented culture that’s truly Agile.
- Overseeing technological, architecture and design decisions and recommending corrective actions if needed
- Work as a team member and on client’s internal teams, working side by side with other developers, devops and managers, solving tasks, sharing design ideas, doing code reviews, etc
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Able to discuss the applications and how they have used in the past.
- Be a proactive person, ask questions, share ideas.
- Experience working with GitHub, proficient working with branches and creating Pull Requests.
- Experience working with JIRA, including best practices and some related Atlassian tools like SourceTree
- Experience in Ruby/Rails framework including: ERB, HAML and ActiveRecord.
- Strong knowledge of database technology including relational and NoSQL technologies e.g. MongoDB
- Strong track record of adopting test practices using TDD, Rspec, Capybara and continuous integration
- Experience in designing and implementing service-oriented REST APIs
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.