Software Development | Redwood City, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Rendering Engineer you will be working with our onsite team in one of our main projects in the media and entertainment industry. You will be a will be a team player who is ready to make a lasting contribution to the organization and its positive work culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Rendering Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase, and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- Develop, design, modify, and optimize graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Responsible for profiling as well as optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- Responsible for programming the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
- Works with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools and processes
- Participates in code reviews
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 7+ years C++ programming experience
- Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Strong experience with multithreading and Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Strong Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc is a plus
- Experience working with data driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C# is a plus
- Experience with Perforce is a plus
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system) is desired
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.