Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator - Temp Only!
Administrative | New York, NY, USA | Temporary
We are a global software services company in San Francisco - and we are seeking a Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator to join our New York City team!
Globant, LLC is seeking a positive, high energy Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team, whisking together all departments through various cultural initiatives, as well as a focus on the physical work environment and facilities management. This is a crucial role for the agency and significantly contributes to how Globant is perceived internally and externally, and to the seamless day-to-day workings of the company. The Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator is a “gatekeeper” to the agency culture, setting the tone and experience for clients, visitors and fellow Globers through daily facilities management and cultural undertakings, including happy hours, quarterly celebrations, weekly all-company meetings, and more. This person must be hospitality orientated and keep a positive, can-do attitude, with an ear and eye to anticipating needs and a willingness to pitch in as required to keep the agency running smoothly.
With moderate supervision , this position provides administrative support to the Facilities organization and is responsible for daily coordination of activities to ensure efficient and safe operation of the Facilities including responding to requests for on-site building management issues, workstation and environment control requests. This position also supports various facilities/administrative activities such as conference room set-up, site event planning, office moves, building related projects, back-up coverage for front desk, and Executive Administration as needed. The incumbent acts as a conduit to the property management company for all service needs
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Reviews, prioritizes and responds to facility requests submitted through the automated Help IT system, including coordinating building maintenance, service and repairs.
- Conducts site evaluations and schedules periodic and preventive maintenance . Coordinates activities of contracted janitorial staff to ensure facility cleanliness.
- Maintains and updates all documents and files related to repairs, utilities, permits, maintenance or other facilities related items.
- Maintains storage of office supplies, ensures printers/copiers are supplied with paper and toner, and stocks break room/coffee stations with supplies.
- Sets up or oversees the set up of conference rooms for meetings.
- Provides back-up support for site receptionists and Executive Admins.
- Supports company wide security objectives by issuing employee badges, auditing security reports and enforcing the company security policy.
- Serve as the company Data Retention Administrator assuring all departments adhere to the published Document Retention Policy and assists departments with appropriate and correct document storage and shredding of company documents.
- Communicates routine facility issues with property management.
- Assist Facilities leadership with routine tasks as required.
- May be required to operate their own vehicle to run errands to purchase supplies at off-site locations.
- Performance other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Budget Management skills
- The ability to effectively perform a variety of facilities and purchasing support functions, as normally obtained through two years of experience in an office environment. The ability to coordinate, plan, document and track a small project or phases of a larger project, as normally obtained through two years of entry-level project management coordination experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skill and the demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, monitor and track projects and work in process. A good understanding of the scope and requirements of the project including scope, project objectives, as well as the general role and function of team members/vendors is required to effectively plan and coordinate project activities.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
- A moderate level of analytical and problem-solving skills is required to address basic and routine issues.
- Requires the ability to be available to work overtime when requested and respond to facility emergencies in off hours.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Prefer experience coordinating office personnel moves and other facilities-related activities.Prefer experience in the evaluation/selection of vendors and the processing of purchasing invoices.
- Incumbents must have proficient skills with a personal computer and a very good knowledge and understanding with all Microsoft Office programs, specifically with Word and Excel. Experience with web-based applications is also strongly preferred.
- Typically requires minimal travel, but may require overnight travel and travel spanning multiple days to support new facility build out projects.
A proficient knowledge and understanding of business as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.