Staff, G&A | New York, NY, USA | Temp to Perm
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
At Globant, this role is highly visible as often the first point of contact in the office for clients, employees and guests.
The Office Manager is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service while coordinating and managing day to day operations and maintaining an organized, best in class work environment.
The Office Manager is expected to support local Globant leadership teams and managers as well as interface with building management and vendors. A significant portion of this role is to plan and execute activities as directed by regional and global leaders as well as provide ongoing support for sponsored events hosted onsite.
As a member of the Facilities team, this role will partner with global peers to share experiences, and brainstorm new ideas to ensure consistency of experience and culture among Globant offices.
· Be the Host/Hostess: The client always comes first! Be warm and welcoming while greeting employees, clients and visitors, answering incoming phone calls and conference room scheduling support. Manage the building visitor registration system with a personal touch.
· Own the Details: Supervise janitorial staff and ensure that office standards of cleanliness are maintained for all areas including: kitchen/café, event space, conference rooms, and game areas. Ensure that conference and training rooms are always tidy, accessible and stocked with supplies and ready for the next strategy session. Maintain inventory of all facilities related supplies, including management of asset inventory of non-IT equipment (desk, chairs etc.).
· Be an Organizational Support System: Provide administrative support to regional and office leadership, as needed. This includes providing concierge services for senior leadership and board level meetings and events. Proactively ensure that senior leadership is ready and equipped for meetings, events, and senior level meetings. Manage vendors service levels including: caterers, snack and beverage vendors, janitorial teams, building maintenance personnel as well as landscape and security personnel, as needed.
· Manage Office Costs: Support procurement processes to ensure adherence to facilities budgets and oversight of vendor payments.
· Squash Urgent Equipment Failures: Working closely with the local IT support resource, work to identify and replace broken equipment, or recognize a potential issue before anyone realizes there’s a problem.
· Be a Safety Guard: Ensure security standards are maintained and processes are properly followed. Administer badge program for all employees, clients, vendors and visitors. Manage emergency evacuation plans, and maintenance of first aid supplies.
· Be a Planning Assistant: Be familiar with the office teams and maintain accurate office headcount and seating data and team allocations. Establish communication with team leads to support understanding of team requirements and changes. Assist with all employee and departmental office moves.
· Be a Distribution Gateway: Support and facilitate shipping and receiving of all incoming and outgoing packages, parcels, and communications.
· Be a Communication Amplifier: Provide timely communications to employees regarding Globant events, building related issues, and general facility information. Be a resource for information for the employees, customers and guests.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including experience providing concierge support to senior leadership and board level leaders
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Facility management experience
- Event management experience
- Budget management expertise
- Corporate purchasing systems knowledge
- Great attention to detail
- Solid organizational skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and dedication
- Experience with vendor management
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of Google mail and it’s applications
- Persistent enthusiasm and friendly attitude
- Flexible Schedule (occasional weekend/evening required)
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
2-year college degree at minimum
2-5 years previous admin office experience preferred
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.