Software Development | Santa Monica, CA, USA | Full Time
We are a digitally native technology services company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use some of the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We have more than 8,300 professionals and we are present in 14 countries working for companies like Google, LinkedIn, BBVA, EA and Coca Cola, among others.
We were named a Worldwide Leader of Digital Strategy Consulting Services by IDC MarketScape report (2016 and 2017). We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
For more information, visit www.globant.com
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Do you want to build the fastest global web pages with state of art technologies? Do you want to work in a highly collaborative and friendly environment? We are looking for a smart and passionate Full Stack Java Developer to join our team.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- You will be required to own and manage the end-to-end life cycle of user stories or technical tasks starting from initial design, development, verification, and release to production.
- You will be working on cross-functional features and will be required to collaborate with members both on and off teams.
- You will be required to participate in grooming sessions to help team scope out user stories/tasks to be worked on.
- You will be required to adhere to clean coding standards and follow best practices.
- You will be reviewing code written by others and help maintain good code quality/standards.
- You will be supporting and solving production incidents affecting the system health of application(s) stack and data pipeline(s).
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- A team player with 5+ years of experience in an agile environment
- Expertise in object-oriented programming, data structure, and algorithms.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Expertise writing/testing and optimizing multi-threaded code.
- Expertise writing Node APIs.
- Experience with server-side programming languages like Java8+, Scala or NodeJs and frameworks like Spring MVC/Spring Boot.
- Experience writing automation tests using at least 1 of test frameworks like Junit, Spring Test, Selenium or TestNG,
- Experience with GIT (version control).
- Ability to perform and influence code reviews as well as technical design meetings.
- Successfully deliver high quality, distributed services with large transaction volumes on a 24x7 operational cycle.
- The ability to apply critical thinking to solve problems at a team and group level.
- Experience with continuous delivery, automated deployments, and related engineering practices.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.