Java Tech Lead
Software Development | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a Java Tech Lead, you are responsible for working on significant critical projects with limited or no supervision, must be able to take responsibility for all facets of the development process, participates in evaluation, change, and tracking of project requirements, plans and designs software components, services, and processes, fosters strong working relationships within IT and with business groups, mentors other developers, participates in work breakdown into tasks and provides work estimates, able to lead moderate, non‐critical projects, have mastery in most core technologies and tools, understands all phases of the company software development life cycle, demonstrates initiative and integrity in all aspects of work, should demonstrate good analytical skills, has a basic understanding of overall company organization, has strong understanding of business partner organization and operations
- Strong Java SE skills, preferably through release 1.8.
- Solid SQL ability. And possess many of the following:
- Proficiency in Object Oriented design and programming.
- Use of web container technologies, especially Tomcat and JAX‐RS.
- Proficiency with IDE‐based development, especially in Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- Proficiency building unit tests, especially using JUnit.
- Proficiency with Maven, and GIT/SVN.
- XML and related technologies such as XSD, JAXB, XSLT, etc.
- Experience with large databases and systems.
- Strong knowledge of data structures.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Minimum of 5+ years recent Software Development experience
- Experience building web services, especially using the REST style.
- Development on Linux
- Development on Linux.
- Experience in Spring.
- Experience with Maven.
- Database schema definition.
- Experience with JMS.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.