Java Architect | Dallas, TX, USA | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Java Architect, you will be working with the latest technologies in a really challenging and professional environment with our onsite team!
- Co-own with off-shore Tech Lead end-to-end feature delivery and provide high-quality visibility into planned and actual deliverables, and all team decisions through effective decision making, communication, and follow-through
- Provide clear and complete feature envisioning and definition by collaborating with peers and colleagues
- Accountable for functional, performance and operational aspects of the team's areas of responsibility
- Successfully drive business results through proper, timely, and high-quality delivery.
- Working in collaboration with onsite-offshore teams in Latam and become a focal point for the off-shore teams
- Be aware and communicate about decisions made in terms of architecture or procedures to Globant team
- Ensure that defined best practices and guidelines are accessible, understandable for everyone and applied by everyone in the off-shore team
- Ensure the development team is partnering effectively among them
- Assist off-shore TL, Project and Product Managers in resolving problems
- End-to-end issue resolution and follow-up
- Earn and sustain the respect of team members, peers, and partners based on demonstrated leadership capabilities, e.g. collaboration, flexibility, accountability, and delivery
- Make decisions independently and be accountable for them.
- Work in agile environments
- Core Java knowledge (ideally Java 8): +9 years
- Webapp development
- JEE Application Development
- Agile methodology (scrum)
- Great communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Spanish desirable
- Build systems (Maven, gradle)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, Cruise control)
- Web Services
- Design expertise (Design Patterns)
- Spring core + Spring modules
- Testing strategies - TDD, BDD
- ORM tools (Hibernate, Ibatis)
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.