Software Development | Warrington, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
We are a digitally native technology services company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use some of the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We have more than 8,300 professionals and we are present in 14 countries working for companies like Google, LinkedIn, BBVA, EA and Coca Cola, among others.
We were named a Worldwide Leader of Digital Strategy Consulting Services by IDC MarketScape report (2016 and 2017). We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
For more information, visit www.globant.com
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have technical mastery over Core Java and JEE.
- Must have knowledge and experience of designing solutions using OOAD principles.
- Must have an understanding of various programming paradigms such as object oriented programming, functional programming, reactive programming etc.
- Experience of using software design principles (SOLID) to develop frameworks and applications.
- Experience designing and creating REST APIs, micro services in a highly distributed environment.
- Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework. Knowledge of advanced concepts in Spring Boot is a must.
- Experience with containers and deployment (e.g Docker). Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience using public cloud services, AWS preferred.
- Must have experience of designing and developing performant large scale applications.
- Must have experience of using RDBMS and NoSQL database.
- Strong security understanding with OAUTH, CSRF, XSS and CORS for browser / native clients.
- Application Servers – Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms (Tomcat, IBM Websphere etc).
- Practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of mocking frameworks such as easymock, mockito.
- Continuous Integration – Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins/Hudson
- Continuous Delivery – Experience with automated deployments using a tool like Rundeck.
- Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
Work in a firm where technology is taken to another level, where you are seen as a person and not a number. Also, you will be working along with some great clients in a fantastic culture - almost too good to be true!
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
Pair programming ability is a bonus and enthusiasm for automated testing
Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
Working proficiency in developmental tool sets
Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software
Experience with responsive design and grid frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap), including cross browser
Nice to have experience leveraging GraphQL
Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).
Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental
Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
Eligible to work in the UK
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.