Software Development | Santa Monica, CA, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. The candidate should join our efforts to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing platforms in mind as they design, plan and test.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Work in an agile environment collaborating with the team to automate engineering processes in quick iterations.
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles resulting in a scalable, reliable, performant, and maintainable infrastructure.
- Work closely with product owners, engineers, test engineers to understand requirements, define best practices and standards around DevOps and Service Resilience.
- Build and maintain monitoring, resilience, testing, rollback tools to maintain services health and uptime.
- Install, secure, monitor, manage, and maintain critical platform infrastructure in a cloud environment.
- Track incidents and participate in active on call activities to help resolve service issues on a timely manner.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- +3 years of experience as Cloud Engineer or DevOps
- Experience with Public Cloud vendors (such as: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure) or private Cloud products (OpenShift and/or VMWare), is a must.
- Experience on defining and implementing architecture, HA setups and backup definitions
- Strong experience in supporting web, Java and Node.js development teams / Projects
- Good understanding of the microservices concepts
- Basic understanding of networking
- Knowledge about VPN implementations
- Experience in Docker, GIT, Jenkins
- Experience in any Configuration Management tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- Experience in any Provisioning tool (Chef provisioning, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Knowledge in any version control platform (Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc)
- Experience in any Continuous Delivery platform (Spinnaker, Codeship, etc)
- Configuration management and automation tools (Jenkins)
- Good understanding on Microservices and containers
- Understanding of cloud security
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies
- Picks up concepts quickly
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Operate with a sense of urgency. Performs well in a deadline driven environment
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
We are ready.