Software Development | Wilmington, DE | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. As a Data Modeler, you will be working with our onsite team in one of our main projects in the finance industry. You will be a will be a team player who is ready to make a lasting contribution to the organization and its positive work culture.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
- Advanced knowledge of data architecture, design and business processes ODS and Data Warehouse environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
- 15+ years of strong experience working in Data Warehouse environment with heavy emphasis on data modeling involving data analysis, design, coupled with strong knowledge of end-to-end data warehouse development life cycle (data integration, conceptual, logical and physical modeling).
- Hands on experience with modeling tools, such as: ERWIN or another industry standard tool and knowledge of various features of modeling tool.
- Use firm-wide standards and design review process to develop logical/physical data models for implementation on target platforms like Teradata, Exadata and/or Hadoop.
- Strong experience in platforms like Teradata and/or Oracle.
- Strong SQL skills to pull data from Teradata/Oracle and perform usage analysis and/or data profiling.
- Solid knowledge of Big Data technologies and architectures - Hadoop, Cassandra, Green Plum, Cloudera, etc. Preferably hands on Experience.
- Experience in Leading JAD sessions and assisting junior team members with defining data model development methodologies, principles, standards, and governance considering People and Process optimization aspects.
- Define/maintain application specific solution designs that align to target state data ecosystem architectures, including viable alternatives with value propositions / trade-offs.
- Identify opportunities for improving processes to bring efficiencies to the data modeling efforts.
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management.