Software Development | Kansas City, MO | Full Time
We are a digitally native technology services company where innovation, design, and engineering meet scale. We use some of the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive fields to empower organizations in every aspect. We have more than 8,300 professionals and we are present in 14 countries working for companies like Google, LinkedIn, BBVA, EA, and Coca Cola, among others.
We were named a Worldwide Leader of Digital Strategy Consulting Services by IDC MarketScape report (2016 and 2017). We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
For more information, visit www.globant.com
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a Data Engineer, you will be working with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure we have high-quality data to power our business in all departments. Your challenge will be to make sure we can scale data even more effectively to support business decisions and improve our products. Joining a cross-functional team of data scientists, and product owner.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Rapidly developing proof of concepts using cutting edge technology
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to meet business requirements regarding performance, scaling, and data quality.
- Providing tools that enhance Data Quality company-wide.
- Developing integrations between multiple applications and services, both on-premise
- and in the cloud.
- Contributing to self-organizing tools that help the analytics community discover data, assess quality, explore usage, and find peers with relevant expertise.
- Solving issues with data and data pipelines, prioritizing based on customer impact, and building solutions that prevent them from happening again (root cause).
- End-to-end ownership of data quality in our core datasets and data pipelines.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field, working with systems and data infrastructure at scale.
- Proficiency in 1 or more server-side programming languages -- preferably Python or Java.
- Experience working with large scale data pipelines in distributed environments with AWS technologies including S3, Glue, Athena, QuickSight.
- Demonstrable experience with NoSQL, SQL, etc;
- Nice to have: Experience in at least one reporting/visualization tool (e.g: Tableau)
- Nice to have: Good understanding of basic analytics and machine learning concepts;
- Preferably a university degree in Software Engineering or similar field
- Excellent communication, written and spoken.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.