Software Development | Chicago, IL, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We're looking for a Data Architect to drive the Architectural Design, best practices implementation and overseen of the quality of the code delivered inside the Big Data projects.
YOU WILL GET A CHANCE TO:
- Design and implement Data Platforms for large-scale, high performance and scalable requirements, integrating data from several data sources, managing structured and unstructured data while melding existing warehouse structures.
- Analyze, diagnose and identify bottlenecks in data workflows.
- Identify and evaluate current data management technologies.
- Create business models and develop distributed data solutions.
- Participate in demos and trainings to clients as well as requirements elicitation and traduction to systems requirements (functional and nonfunctional).
- Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems.
- Provide Feedback and Status to the Infrastructure and Support Teams.
- Contribute to the Digital Services Platform roadmap.
- Work with the Support Team on Critical Issues.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Information Technologies or related technical field.
- 3+ years as a software engineer.
- Strong experience in data modeling in the Big Data field, dealing with big volumes of data.
- Hands on experience with Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR and/or Apache Hadoop distribution.
- Scala/Java/Python or equivalent languages.
- Proficiency designing and implementing ETL (Extract, Transform, load) processes.
- Understanding of Big Data concepts: HDFS/YARN architecture, MapReduce steps, CAP theorem, high performance analytics, Batch/NRT solutions, etc.
- Experience working with SQL.
- Distributed Analysis Platforms.
- Familiarity with AWS (S3/EC2/EMR) and/or Azure (Blob Storage/HDInsight) and/or Google CP (Cloud Storage/DataProc/BigQuery)
- Advanced English level.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with Apache Spark or any other streaming tech
- Experience writing MapReduce jobs.
- Familiarity with Web Services and serialization, XML, JSON, SOAP, WCF, REST.
- Experience with cloud platform services.
- Experience with Elasticsearch
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
We are ready.