Cloud Technical Design Authority
Infrastructure | Wilmington, DE | Full Time
At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
As a Cloud Technical Design Authority you will be moving our client's applications from their own datacenter into the Cloud. This team is tasked on helping define tools and processes, used by development teams to work on cloud native applications following a DevOps culture with a Continuous Delivery process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for designing, developing and deploying various applications in a Cloud environment.
- Foresee needs and facilitate communication to propose and set solutions before those needs become blockers.
- Participate in intra-pods meetings to ensure practices leverage and communication.
- Provide clear and complete feature envisioning and definition by collaborating with peers and colleagues.
- Communicate effectively within the team, the group, and other department.
- Facilitate and support team execution.
- Enhance team technical capabilities and workforce through the understanding of industry trends and individuals in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and mature enterprise architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Identify problems, communicate them effectively, and figure out the best way to attack it architecturally and sequentially, effectively sharing the ownership of such solution.
- Acts as a technical and operational subject matter expert for an assigned area.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- +6 years of experience as Cloud specialist with Cloud certification in design and architecture.
- Experience on working with Cloud Services, AWS specifically.
- Strong knowledge and understanding about containerization- CI and CD processes.
- Strong experience in supporting development teams and Core Java technology.
- Good understanding about the microservices patterns and concepts.
- Knowledge about working within agile, scrum based team with strong partnership in cross functional departments.
- Experience of Spring components, most specifically Spring Boot.
- Experience in API frameworks, most specifically REST Swagger.
- Experience in Docker.
- Experience in building tools, preferrably Maven.
- Experience in Event-driven Networking, preferably Node.js.
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.