Software Development | Mountain View, CA, USA | Full Time
We are a digitally native technology services company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use some of the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We have more than 8,300 professionals and we are present in 14 countries working for companies like Google, LinkedIn, BBVA, EA and Coca Cola, among others.
We were named a Worldwide Leader of Digital Strategy Consulting Services by IDC MarketScape report (2016 and 2017). We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
For more information, visit www.globant.com
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you are a Cloud Engineer you know your way around cloud and you have a solid understanding of GCP, we want to meet you.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Frontline support & maintenance of applications and application servers.
Debug and resolve application issues for both clients and servers with a variety of OS combinations (Linux, Windows, Mac).
Apply patches & perform upgrades to applications and application servers.
Automate patch application and custom functionality using scripts and packaging tools.
Perform Linux/Windows server administration under guidance from System Administration team.
Debug basic database issues on Oracle and SQL Server based systems and coordinate resolution with Database.
Debug basic networking issues around deployment/management of servers and endpoints, VLAN management, latency issues and coordinate with Network Operations team for resolution.
Document application and app server maintenance procedures in playbooks.
- BA/BS degree and/or relevant experience.
- Support experience with various operating systems (Linux/Mac/Windows) in the context of both clients and servers.
- Knowledge of application servers / web servers, including WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS.
- Experience with databases such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience implementing and configuring 3rd-party application software solutions.
- Experience with scripting using shell scripts, Python and/or Powershell for task automation.
- Willingness to learn technology stacks at Google on short notice.
- Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
Configuration Management Experience
Automation in Container Environment
Hands-on experience with Docker and Container Orchestration tool
Experience with Google Cloud Platform / GCP
Jenkins (automation and configuration/setup)
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Candidate should have at least 2 years professional experience building, managing and deploying public production cloud infrastructure.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.