Software Development | Nashville, TN | Full Time
We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect.
We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, e-commerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Software Engineer who works closely with QA, product managers, operations, customers and IT to build high quality products. This role takes care of the entire 3D Manufacturing Software life cycle from concept to release.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Develop automated CAD/CAM systems for medical devices mass production.
- Design solutions for SLA, 3D Printing, CNC Milling, Laser Marking and Laser Trimming, X-Ray Tomography.
- Design, development, debugging, maintenance and documentation of software components
- Interaction with internal testing department to improve the product
- Helps draft high level technical architecture with the R&D team
- Helps define technical products including vision and requirements
- Adhere to an aggressive timeline
- Helps define User Acceptance Testing scenarios
- Research current trends and emerging technologies and effectively implement them
- How geometric data is organized (texels, normals, vertices, faces, colors...) and used.
- Rendering in either OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, and/or WebGL
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- 3D Programming experience, video game development experience may work as well.
- Native code experience; at least 2 years.
- Solid understanding of linear algebra and 3D linear transformations
- Experience in Metal or OpenGL / DirectX and shaders
- Knowledgeable with profiling and optimizing graphics
- An understanding of the graphics pipeline (various buffers, depth testing, alpha testing, z-fighting, etc...)
- Understanding how lighting works
Nice to have:
- Having worked in dentistry, orthodontics, or medical devices industry
- Some familiarity writing shaders
- Understanding of some numerical analysis
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
We are ready.