Software Development | Seattle, WA, USA | Full Time
At Globant, we dream and build Digital Journeys that matter to millions of users. We do that by leveraging engineering, design and innovation with our own industry-leading practices, like our Agile PODs and specialized Studios.
We want you to join us in creating these journeys for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Business Intelligence and Data Engineer, who will be part of the team providing critical business insight, planning and advisory services for our client. You will join a data team with the mission to create an innovative metrics monitor for the Supply Chain area as an initiative to take advantage on the ever-growing computing capacity of the company for financial and logistics health check on a massive operation. You will partner with software engineers, program managers and program stakeholders to understand their needs and collaborate in the data manipulation and building of this novel product. To be successful, you will be an organized self-starter with a strong client-service orientation, a passion for continual improvement and innovation, and strong technical skills that enable you to create scale.
- Maintain and develop data, metric definitions and reports for internal and external clients.
- Build dashboards using common data visualization technologies to provide a health monitor with real time data on financial and operational information.
- Build underlying data pipelines to manipulate data for reporting purposes.
- Present insights and findings in front of stakeholders and leaders of the organization.
- Provide reports for weekly status meetings with high visibility for C-Level executives.
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics).
- 5+ years of proven experience working on data manipulation and/or building dashboards.
- Strong SQL skills and BI knowledge on data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to understand new datasets and data structures.
- Experience analyzing large datasets with strong statistical, quantitative modeling, and forecasting skills.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language for automation purposes (Python, Bash, among others)
- Familiarity with Supply Chain concepts to analyze domain specific data and investigate issues.
We are interested in hard-working, fast-learning talents and we have the know-how and scale to help you make your own career path. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, come join us.
We are ready.