Technical Operations | Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom | Full Time
Please note we are looking to hire someone for this role in both the Maidstone office and the Leuven office in Belgium.
Who we are:
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud service providers and IoT innovators around the world to secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity and access management (IAM) solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Who we’re looking for:
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for providing responsive, modern, creative, yet corporate, custom UX and UI website design graphics and web layouts for GlobalSign’s Global Web Development Team in either our Maidstone office in Kent or our Belgium office in Leuven.
The UX/UI Designer will be reporting to the Global Web Development Team Lead.
- You will think outside the box, using creativity to solve complex end user experiences and interfaces
- Design, Create and Provide well documented custom, wireframes and graphical assets in deliverable formats (psd, ai, svg, images, other media, etc) for Global Web-team projects
- Create responsive mobile friendly themes and layouts for our concrete5 Content Management System, custom portals and 3rd party web applications
- You will work with other GlobalSign teams and/or contractors to collect project specs. Then present flexible design ideas based on their stakeholder visions and end user needs
- Provide direction to GlobalSign employees when needed on branding usage, and stick to existing branding guidelines when warranted
- You will follow code and web asset best practices, to ensure organization, speed optimizations and ensure cross-browser experience is top notch for end users whenever possible
- You will be an in-house expert on the latest UX & UI trends for the security and technology industries
- You will know and understand web-fonts; particularly web-fonts in multilingual sites, cross browser rendering of various web-fonts, along with the ability to provide font-stacks and fall-backs for different endpoints
- You will know and follow copyright licensing, trademark usage licensing, and all the global regulations set out by various governance for usage of photos, graphics, fonts, and other various web media
- Responsible to update and maintain the GlobalSign online user style guide for the public facing websites and applications on the CMS for both internal and external users
- You will be doing regular concrete5 CMS web updates when assigned. These updates include adding media assets, making web page updates with HTML, adding custom UI and CSS.
- Manage and Organize all projects with easy to access formats and naming convections.
- Interface with different users throughout the organization to ensure web-team branding is effectively followed.
- Provide knowledge base trainings for UX & UI style guides and best practices for the Global web-team and other web application users.
- Fix issues you see on the front end of the website whenever possible and provide constructive feedback to the Global Web Development Team when you notice that branding needs improvement
- Identify and utilize google tools to track user interactions when needed to apply metrics and A/B testing for different UX/UI concepts.
- Support internal website CMS users and provide training when needed.
Skills and Experience:
- English Language speaking and writing
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Web Design or Graphic Design or equivalent working experiences combined, plus project examples demonstrating your knowledge
- Experienced with best practices for UX and UI web design elements based on: target users, browsers, industry and website analytics
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, collaborative and creative skills
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-passed agile web-team environment
- Ability to receive and accept feedback on an ongoing basis from multiple stakeholders
- Experienced and able to turn around graphical assets and web deliverables during the iterative design process working with multiple stakeholders with different cultural backgrounds
- 2+ years working on Adobe CC, designing web layouts and UI’s, creating PSD’s, illustrator docs and custom graphical assets with easy to export labelled assets
- Experienced with Concrete5 Content Management System or another CMS
- Solid Experience Designing custom web themes for CMS’s
- Experienced with working on Windows OS or Mac
- Capable of operating in a security/compliance-driven environment while supporting efficient conducting of business by stakeholders
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Bootstrap4 and other front-end material based UI frameworks
- Git version control, node.js, npm, webpack, gulp, web code compliers are a plus
- Unified communications (Skype for Business and Webex Meetings / Teams)
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, illustrator, Dreamweaver), XD & Capture experience are a plus
- Concrete5 Content Management System
- Sublime Text editor
- Gliffy, balsamic, or other wireframe technologies
- Cross Brower testing skills
- Google Tag Manager, Google analytics
- Jira Based ticket systems
- Experience working on an ecommerce site
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work for a leading multinational PKI provider
- A friendly and personal working environment
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Company Profitability Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- 37.5 hour working week and you will be able to agree a flexible working pattern around the core hours of 10AM to 3PM with your line manager.
- Company paid for medical cover with the option to add family members at your expense
- Employer matched pension contributions to 5% of salary
- Insurance policy for life cover and critical illness
If this sounds like it could be you, please submit a copy of your current CV