Technical Writing Intern
Customer Support | Portsmouth, NH | Contract and Internship
Who we are:
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
Who we’re looking for:
GlobalSign's customer support team is revamping their support website and content and has a challenging Intern position for up to 20 hours per week for the summer.
This is a Student Summer Internship: $10 Per Hour/20 Hours Per Week/Start Date: May 15, 2012/End Date: August 21, 2013/Duration: 15 Weeks
What you'll gain:
- Technical writing and editing experience and Business Process documentation;
- Experience working in cross-departmental professions, along with the Support Site Project Mgr. and Content Mgr.
- Learn to review, edit and migrate content into the new content system as well as developing style guides;
- Gain real-world experience working in a competitive technical environment;
- Participate in team meetings and gain experience in working with non-writers and support personnel.
If you're interested in working in a professional but relaxed, top-notch company with a "business start-up" mentality, we want to hear from you! This role will give you experience across the entire GlobalSign product portfolio and customer support process. In the past, our Interns have walked away with experience in the demanding world of technical writing or editing and getting paid top salaries for this experience!
- At least 1-2 years of actively pursuing a BA in Communications/Business/Liberal Arts Discipline
- Should be detail-oriented with great organizational skills
- Have an interest in technical communication
- Be able to work independently and write proficiently without supervision
- Familiarity with MS Office Products
- Experience in writing for an outside organziation would be a plus!
If this sounds like it could be you, send us a Cover Letter and your CV. GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work for full time employees we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.