Technical Operations | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
GlobalSign is part of the GMO Internet Group of companies - a public company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE: 9449).
Who we’re looking for:
A Rock star Systems Engineer!
We are looking for the up-and-coming systems engineer with a passion for automation and security. This is an amazing opportunity to help design, build and operate a high-availability secure platform that will be used to power the delivery of services to customers across the globe.
Administration and maintenance of network and system infrastructure including:
- Linux hosts
- Backup or restore of system images and data.
- Hardening and monitoring of security of hosts and network devices.
- Maintain service availability, reliability, performance and facilitate incident response
Ensure that the network is operating at optimum performance and with high availability by continually reviewing areas of improvement.
- Research technologies, prototype their use and recommend the optimum solution for a given problem.
- Monitor and maintain service availability.
- Ensure procedures are documented.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
- Follow up on requests, deployments & incidents/issues (including escalation) and ensure proper and timely closure.
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity exercises.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot performance and reliability of all aspects of system.
- Development and deployment of automation of common tasks.
- Design, implement and maintain cluster system including:
- Active-active configuration based on Pacemaker and Corosync.
- DB cluster system such as MySQL cluster / Postgres SR+HS.
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least 2-5 years working experience as Systems Engineer or Administrator.
- Software systems integration experience.
- Hands-on experience in setting up JBOSS & MySQL clustering systems. Familiar with Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Proficient in Linux Shell Scripting.
- Experience in disaster recovery activation and deactivation exercises.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Experience working in HA environment.
- Required to carry duty Mobile and response to urgent calls.
- Experience in software development based on Java, JBOSS, J2EE platform.
- Experience in setting up HA systems. Knowledge in Pacemaker and Corosync.
- Experience with PKI and cryptographic key management.
- Experience in using virtualization.
If this sounds like it could be you, send us a CV and tell us about some of your work that you’re most proud of.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work for full time employees we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE