Superhero Systems Engineer (DevOps Back-End)
Information Technology | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign, the security division of the Tokyo-based GMO Internet Group (TSE: 9449), was founded in 1996. The company provides identity and access management solutions, mediating trust to enable safe commerce, communications, content delivery and community interactions for the billions of online transactions occurring around the world at every moment. Its identity and access management portfolio includes access control, single sign-on (SSO), federation and delegation services to help organizations and service providers create new business models for customer and partner interactions.
GlobalSign’s digital certificate solutions allow its thousands of authenticated customers to conduct SSL secured transactions, data transfer, distribution of tamper-proof code, and protection of online identities for secure email and access control. GlobalSign’s solutions are designed to address the massive scalability demanded by the emerging $14.4 trillion Internet of Everything (IoE) market, where the ability to make secure networked connections among people, processes, data and things, will require that every “thing” have a trusted identity that can be managed. The company has offices in the US, Europe and throughout Asia. For the latest news on GlobalSign, visit www.globalsign.com or follow GlobalSign on Twitter (@globalsign ).
Who we’re looking for:
We are building a small operation and engineering team here in Singapore and looking for an outstanding engineer with a DevOps mentality to join us. You are passionate about information security and innovation; you believe their symbiotic relationship and continuously improving to strengthen that relationship.
The team is on a mission, empowered and self-organizing. We proactively work to constantly improve our process and skills, we “automate the heck out of everything” to help ourselves and fellow colleagues. We give respectful honest feedback, to each other so as to be ourselves, only better. We work hard to deliver highly available quality solution for everyone to enjoy.
We love food (and movies), and willing to share with you where the great food are on this beautiful island state.
- Develop tools to support DevOps approach and ad-hoc projects
- Administration and maintenance of network and system infrastructure with a DevOps mentality including:
- Linux hosts
- Backup or restore of system images and data.
- Hardening and monitoring of security of hosts and network devices.
- Maintain service availability, reliability, performance and facilitate incident response
- Ensure that the network is operating at optimum performance and with high availability by continually reviewing areas of improvement.
- Research technologies, prototype their use and recommend the optimum solution for a given problem.
- Monitor and maintain service availability.
- Ensure procedures are documented.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
- Follow up on requests, deployments & incidents/issues (including escalation) and ensure proper and timely closure.
- 2 years or more coding and scripting experience (Scala, Java, Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl).
- Experience with automation for server deployment for instance Chef/Cobbler or Puppet
- Experience with PostgreSQL administration, support, optimizations and monitoring.
- Like to document things and strong believer of its virtues.
- Excellent command line skills on Linux/Unix.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly recommended.
- Required to carry duty support phone and response to urgent calls.
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- Bonus points for knowledge in PKI, cryptographic development or speaks Japanese.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
If this sound like it could be you, please send us your current CV.