Superhero DevOps Engineer (Back-End)
Technical Operations | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
What we are doing:
How trust is bootstrapped on the internet hasn't changed much since 1996 -- we are fixing that!
Who we’re looking for:
We are building a small operation cum engineering team here in Singapore and looking for an outstanding engineer with a DevOps mentality to join us. You are passionate about information security and innovation; you believe their symbiotic relationship and continuously improving to strengthen that relationship.
The team is on a mission, empowered and self-organizing. We proactively work to constantly improve our process and skills, we “automate the heck out of everything” to help ourselves and fellow colleagues. We give respectful honest feedback, to each other so as to be ourselves, only better. We work hard to deliver highly available quality solution for everyone to enjoy.
We love food (and movies), and willing to share with you where the great food are on this beautiful island state.
Skills & Experience
- 3 years or more experience with DevOps or Systems or Software Engineering
- Knowledge with a Cloud Computing platform for instance OpenStack, AWS, Eucalyptus, Numbus or OpenNebula,
- Knowledge with virtualization for instance KVM or VirtualBox
- Building and managing highly scalable, high availability, high volume systems with tools like NginX, Pacemaker & Corosync
- Experience with automation for server deployment for instance Chef/Cobbler or Puppet
- Knowledge of monitoring tools for instance Zabbix or Nagios
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- Bonus points for knowledge in PKI, cryptographic development or speaks Japanese.
- 3 years or more coding and scripting experience (Scala, Java, Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl).
- Experience with PostgreSQL administration, support, optimizations and monitoring.
- Like to document things and strong believer of its virtues.
- Excellent command line skills on Linux/Unix.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly recommended.
- Required to carry duty support phone and response to urgent calls.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
If these sounds like it could be you, send us a CV and some examples of the work that you’re most proud of.
Please submit resumes to [[redacted]]
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work for full time employees we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE