Engineering | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud service providers and IoT innovators around the world to secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity access management (IAM) solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
What we are doing:
In London, GlobalSign is developing its HV identity platform, forming the core of GlobalSign’s current and future products. Written in Golang, our platform is a complex distributed system, exposed in a RESTful fashion, backed by PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and dedicated crypto hardware. Designed to scale to the needs of the IoE and major cloud deployments, it is capable of issuing billions of identities with industry leading performance. Built to comply with existing web standards, it is capable of servicing any X509 certificate use case, for both public and private trust.
Who we’re looking for
· You write clean, concise, self-documenting code that both you and your team can still understand a year after. You care about naming. You do not repeat yourself. You do not believe that more code represents the solution to a problem. You test everything.
· You already master a few programming languages, or easily find your way around a new one. You enjoy picking up new things and incorporating those in your skillset.
· You think in patterns. Synchronous/asynchronous. Multithreaded/event driven. Latency/bandwidth. You take these into consideration before laying down any code.
· You are familiar with the latest technologies and use them judiciously. Software advancements have made things that were impossible ten years ago possible, but no single piece of technology has been a silver bullet. You can tell which of the tools in your belt work for the task at hand and which do not.
· You know what you do not know and you are as comfortable asking for help as you are offering it. We advocate mutual knowledge sharing. Nobody knows everything.
· You are an inquisitive perfectionist. You like to know how things work and constantly try to improve them.
What we offer
· The opportunity to work for a leading multinational PKI provider
· A clean slate. No legacy or poorly documented code to maintain
· A friendly and personal working environment
· Competitive Salary
· Buying and Selling Annual Leave
· 25 Days Annual Leave
· Company Profitability Bonus Scheme
· Employer matched pension contributions to 5% of salary
· Long-term Sickness and Disability Insurance
· Private Medical Cover with the option to add family members at your expense
· 4 x Salary Life cover
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Perkbox GoldCard Discount
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3 years or more experience creating backend systems in any of the following: C, C++, Java, Golang
- Previous experience in high performance systems - content delivery, trading, networking, e-commerce, ticketing, etc - highly preferred
- Bonus points for PKI experience
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.