Engineering | Hybrid in London, United Kingdom | Full Time
About GMO GlobalSign
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud service providers and IoT innovators around the world to secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit https://www.globalsign.com/en/company.
Summary of the role
Purpose: This role is an exciting opportunity to join a team building high-volume PKI solutions built using the latest technologies, in an evolving, exciting, challenging but empowering engineering environment.
Reporting into: Tech Engineering Lead
Nature of employment: Permanent
Contractual hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reports: This role does not have people management responsibilities.
Flexible working: We are hybrid working and would consider remote working with occasional office visits or other flexible working arrangements as long as you are based in the UK.
This is a Trusted Role which is defined as ‘being a role upon which the security of the Company’s security sensitive business is dependent’. As such, you will be required to undertake identity and background checks, including criminal record checks, and periodic reviews of trustworthiness. You will also be required to immediately inform your line-manager of any changes in your circumstances relevant to these checks.
Job responsibilities and accountabilities
- Design and develop testable and componentized code using industry best practices
- Work with an agile cross-functional team to estimate and plan development activities and timelines
- Develop a deep understanding of products, architecture, and systems
- Analyse, troubleshoot, and debug product defects and provide timely solutions to customer issues
- Responsibility for complying with company policies and procedures, including but not limited to information security and acceptable use, and for undertaking mandatory in-house company training as required.
- Undertake other job responsibilities and accountabilities within the remit of the job role as and when these may arise.
- Sufficient experience working in technologies such as Go, Java, C++ or Python
- Working knowledge of developing full-stack applications with experience using front-end technologies such as React or similar
- Strong knowledge building and interacting with REST APIs
- Willing to learn and work in other programming languages such as Go or Python
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern application design principles
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, agile team
- Good working knowledge in other programming languages a plus
- Excellent communication skills when working within a cross-functional agile team
- Experience using or implementing DevOps principles and practices such as Docker and CI/D pipelines
- Experience with source control tools like Git and issue tracking software
- Experience with service monitoring, metrics, and alerting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in the industry
- Understanding of SSL/TLS, PKI, or other security related technologies
One GlobalSign Way
Our employees are expected to fully embrace our ‘One GlobalSign Way’ and demonstrate the following behaviours daily in their job roles.
- Ownership - Be responsible and accountable for own job responsibilities, performance, conduct, learning, training, development, career progression and effective communication.
- Creativity - Challenge how things are done, suggest more effective and efficient ways of working, actively seek to improve customer service and product offering to both external and internal customers.
- Integrity - Behave ethically and morally by complying with Company rules, policies, processes, procedures, and governmental/governing body laws and regulations.
- Collaboration – Understand and demonstrate effective team working skills by working successfully within and across teams.
- Diversity (and inclusion) - Contribute to a dignified work environment by respecting and including others irrespective of age, culture, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, marriage/civil partnership and pregnancy/maternity.
- Waku Waku - Seek to be passionate and positive about GMO GlobalSign by aligning with the mission, vision, behaviours and objectives.
What we offer
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including company profitability scheme, workplace pension, group income protection insurance, group private health insurance, group life insurance cover and much more.
- We operate a highly collaborative, open culture where your views and opinions have value.
- We encourage strong learning and knowledge sharing, providing regular hackdays, innovation time and a team learning academy.
- Remote / hybrid working available
Equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer supporting diversity and inclusion with a zero-tolerance approach towards bullying and harassment.
Due to the trusted nature of our business, we are required to complete background checks which includes a basic criminal record check, employment references and on qualifications.
Right to work
For your application to be considered, you must have a current right to work in the country the job role is based in.
Application process and deadline
If you meet the criteria listed above, found the nature of our business fascinating, and can demonstrate our One GlobalSign Way behaviours daily, then please apply for the role by sending us a cover letter along with your current CV/resume.