SME Sales Representative
Sales | Portsmouth, NH | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign, the security division of the Tokyo-based GMO Internet Group (TSE: 9449), was founded in 1996. The company provides identity and access management solutions, mediating trust to enable safe commerce, communications, content delivery and community interactions for the billions of online transactions occurring around the world at every moment. Its identity and access management portfolio includes access control, single sign-on (SSO), federation and delegation services to help organizations and service providers create new business models for customer and partner interactions.
GlobalSign solutions are designed to address the massive scalability demanded by the emerging $14.4 trillion Internet of Everything (IoE) market, where the ability to make secure networked connections among people, processes, data and things, will require that every “thing” have a trusted identity that can be managed. The company has offices in the US, Europe and throughout Asia. For the latest news on GlobalSign, visit www.globalsign.com or follow GlobalSign on Twitter (@globalsign).
Who we’re looking for:
Looking for a self-motivated individual that will be responsible for positioning and selling GlobalSign products and services to the SMB Market. In this position, the SME Sales Representative will be tasked with identifying potential Customers and Partners, and expanding GlobalSign’s reach within an assigned territory.
Successful candidates will be responsible for selling GlobalSign’s security products and services - including Managed SSL, Managed ePKI, and other GlobalSign offerings. Responsibilities will include developing and implementing individual territory strategies, expanding business relationships, territory/ pipeline management, opportunity identification, analyzing IT security requirements, selecting appropriate GlobalSign solutions, quotes/pricing, and other proposal development activities.
To be considered for this position the Candidate needs to have a successful track record solution selling with an understanding of Internet and/or e-commerce technologies.
- Sell and service accounts via phone and email, direct and through channel partners. Take incoming calls from prospects responding to sales inquiries; make out-bound calls to facilitate sales.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of GlobalSign’s solutions and technologies, competitive products and technologies, and industry trends.
- Follow up on leads and opportunities daily; contact and up sell existing customers on GlobalSign’s product suite.
- Maintain an accurate Territory pipeline using Salesforce.com. This includes data integrity and updating customer and Partner contacts as it relates to leads, opportunities and account information.
- Grow territory selling footprint by leveraging channel partners in sales process where able. Maintain an updated Territory plan that accurately reflects product and sales coverage.
- Develop business relationships with Partners.
- Identify new accounts in CRM and close sales. Maintain quality contacts with key decision makers as designated to that opportunity in your pipeline. Employ company resources as needed to close sales.
- Prepare complete and accurate reports as requested.
- Prospect for new accounts through personal sales calls, networking, marketing research and email campaigns.
- Engage in technical sales discussions with potential clients via conference call or web demonstration; leveraging Sales Engineering resources where needed.
- Work to maintain high level of customer satisfaction by assisting with customer requests, complaints, and escalations.
- Attend sales meetings, training sessions as required.
- At least Two (2) years of Small to SME sales experience in a high tech environment.
- Proven track record in being to hunt, develop and on board enterprise partners to build/grow sales of solutions through indirect partners.
- Ability to develop thorough understanding of information security related products/services and/or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn/assimilate GlobalSign solutions.
- Ability to build strong relationships within assigned territory to insure continued growth.
- Highly trained in technology solution selling.
- History of consistently meeting and often exceeding sales goals.
- Detail oriented with a strong commitment to accuracy and quality.
- Strong analytical, business process development and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and “self” motivation abilities.
- Strong presentation, both written and oral, as well as good analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Strong Time Management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities.
- The ability to effectively manage one’s own time and work independently to meet defined performance metrics and booking objectives.
- Highly competitive and demonstrated ability to work “well” with others in a fast paced, team based, sales environment.
- Proficiency with CRM applications (preferably Salesforce.com) and related tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a great working environment with locations worldwide. We are located near freeways, bus stops, restaurants, bars and, of course, coffee houses! Our full-time employees experience an exceptional benefits package that includes:
- 80% employer-paid health insurance
- Delta Dental Insurance at a reduced group rate
- 401(k) Employer-Match
- Additional AFLAC Plans
- Company-paid Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation as needed with ten paid holidays and 15 days (or more) of paid time off
- Two additional personal days
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus
- Fresh fruit, healthy snacks and coffee
If this sounds like it could be you, please send us a cover letter along with your current resume.