SMB Sales Representative
Sales | Portsmouth, NH | Full Time and Temp to Perm
Who we are:
GlobalSign, the security division of the Tokyo-based GMO Internet Group (TSE: 9449), was founded in 1996. The company provides identity and access management solutions, mediating trust to enable safe commerce, communications, content delivery and community interactions for the billions of online transactions occurring around the world at every moment. Its identity and access management portfolio includes access control, single sign-on (SSO), federation and delegation services to help organizations and service providers create new business models for customer and partner interactions.
GlobalSign’s digital certificate solutions allow its thousands of authenticated customers to conduct SSL secured transactions, data transfer, distribution of tamper-proof code, and protection of online identities for secure email and access control. GlobalSign’s solutions are designed to address the massive scalability demanded by the emerging $14.4 trillion Internet of Everything (IoE) market, where the ability to make secure networked connections among people, processes, data and things, will require that every “thing” have a trusted identity that can be managed. The company has offices in the US, Europe and throughout Asia. For the latest news on GlobalSign, visit www.globalsign.com or follow GlobalSign on Twitter (@globalsign ).
Who we’re looking for:
The person in this role will drive new business for our retail sales division by cultivating new business through Cold Calling, qualification of inbound inquiries and self-generation. A large portion of new business will be generated from providing pre-sales and customer support to prospects whom inquiry about GlobalSign’s products and solutions via telephone, email and live chat. Will also be responsible for maintaining/growing Enterprise/Channel renewal Business within assigned territory.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and closing new retail business through the Retail Sales Division targeting prospects that have digital certificate needs of 5 or less.
- Develop and implement individual territory strategies to meet ongoing Monthly, Quarterly and Annual booking objectives.
- Daily cold-calling/emailing and identifying decision makers within target accounts
- Making initial sales contact to evaluate and understand a prospect's business needs.
- Qualify and convert incoming leads into sales and/or sales opportunities for other sales divisions.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing customer and demonstrate the ability to strategize to further develop and expand the business relationships
- Present high level benefits and create interest in working with GlobalSign and utilizing its managed PKI platforms.
- When “qualified” appropriately “pass” the opportunity to an Enterprise Account Executive using designated process in the Salesforce CRM system
- Work closely with all Enterprise Account Executives and provide additional feedback as necessary as the sales team engages the “qualified” leads that have been passed.
- Provide pre-sales and customer support to prospects and customers via live web chat, email, and telephone.
- Carry out lead generation and data mining, including building lead list and qualification of leads to varying levels.
- Maintain 75% or greater renewal rate within assigned territory, Enterprise and or Channel customers with 5 or less Digital Certificate needs.
- Continuously manage and nurture a pipeline of lower level, less qualified leads until they meet outlined lead criteria (identified key contact, understand business potential/number of certificates, timeframes/timing, & budget/buying process).
- Build customer rapport to grow existing business and cross sell.
- Maintain detailed customer and prospect information related to individual territory in GlobalSign’s CRM system allowing management to easily understand the status of customer relationships, quickly ascertain potential sales pipeline, and closed business in the individual’s territory.
- Provide detailed weekly forecast and update of in process leads, potential upside and future opportunities to management and enterprise sales team.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Two (2) years of sales/ lead generation experience and/or customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills including a confident telephone manner and solid writing skills
- Excellent organizations skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple lead lists
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact well with customers and internal departments
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently using their own initiatives as well as working as part of a team
- Thorough understanding of information security related products/services and/or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn/assimilate GlobalSign solutions
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated internal and external customer service skills
- Strong analytical, business process development and problem solving skills
- Proficiency using research tools to find target companies and contacts (i.e. RainKing, Hoovers, etc,)
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word
- Proficiency with CRM applications
- Strong communication and writing skills-ability to properly document all activities within CRM system