Senior Software Developer
Engineering | Portsmouth, NH | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud service providers and IoT innovators around the world to secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity and access management (IAM) solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for candidates that are local to New England.
Who we’re looking for:
Individuals in these roles will initially be working within a small focused team, building new internet security and identity products and services supporting mainly our PKI line of business. This is completely new product development in the rapidly growing Internet of Things (IoT) market segments for our IoT Identity Solutions, and you will have the responsibility to guide many platform and product design decisions. IoT solutions have essential characteristics of high-performance and availability. Experience and competence in building large scale backend systems which support high throughput and low latency is required. We’re looking for technical polyglots with experience across the stack and development process but with focus on the backend. We’re looking for those with expert level knowledge and experience with low-level languages like C/C++, but who also have an understanding and appreciation for the benefits/tradeoffs of higher level languages and frameworks. Strong understanding and experience with internet services is a must. We also need individuals who understand and can apply rigorous and comprehensive quality and testing processes and tools into their work to ensure consistency, maintainability, and quality of the code they write. Successful candidates will be self-driven, inquisitive, open to new technologies, have excellent communication skills, and work well in cross-functional team environments.
- Building back-end web services to enable strong identity and security within Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystems
- Architecting, designing and implementing core services, processes and technologies that provide reliability, high availability, performance and scalability.
- Extensive database design and deployment.
- Applying cryptographic concepts such as certificates, certificate chains, and key management with a healthy interest in their XML and JSON counterparts.
- Designing highly interactive web applications with performance, scalability, usability, and security in mind.
- Developing software on Unix/Linux.
- Responsible for maintaining version control (Git preferably).
- Analzing & discussing user stories
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS – About You
Technical background requirements
- Natural Technical Polyglots with proven success and interest in backend systems.
- Experience with lower level languages like C/C++
- Experience working with higher level frameworks & languages as well
- Systems engineering / administration
- Database administration, support, monitoring, & optimization
- Direct experience building large, high-volume, high rate big data processing and low latency systems
- Experience with Internet facing services (developing web services - REST/JSON)
Technical process and expertise
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation.
- Knowledge of identity solutions / standards / cryptography beneficial
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline
Cultural & teamwork mentality
The following outline a great fit with the team and work, but won’t preclude a candidate from being considered.
- You want to be working with cross-functional small teams
- Focused on value delivery to customers
- Have experience delivering a product / platform being sold, rather than consumed internally by the enterprise.
- You’ve worked closely with product managers – working within agile environments, dealing with product iteration and cross functional collaboration
- Inquisitive - you’re self-motivated and driven, open to new approaches and technologies
- Ownership - you have the ability to take a product from scoping requirements through actual launch of the product
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Excited about new technology trends like the IoT
- 7+ years dynamic / scripting language programming, with background in C/C++ systems programming preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with database administration, support, optimizations and monitoring.
- 7+ years of design and development of extremely high volume, high availability applications and systems.
- 3+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of *nix architecture.
- Experience serving as technical team lead or scrum master
If this sounds like it could be you, please send us a cover letter along with your current resume.
GLOBALSIGN’S EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a great working environment with locations worldwide. We are located near freeways, bus stops, restaurants, bars and, of course, coffee houses! Our full time employees experience an exceptional benefits package that includes:
- 80% employer-paid health insurance
- Delta Dental Insurance at a reduced group rate
- 401(k) Employer-Match
- Additional AFLAC Plans
- Company-paid Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Take vacation as needed with ten paid holidays and 15 days (or more) of paid time off
- Two additional floater days
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus
- Enjoy healthy, fresh fruit and coffee
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS