Professional Services Engineer
Sales Engineering | Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud service providers and IoT innovators around the world to secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity and access management (IAM) solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Who we’re looking for:
- Position Title: professional services engineer
- Department: Sales / Sales engineering
- Position Reports To: Sr. sales engineer / Sales Engineering Manager
- Positions Supervised: none
- LOCATION: UK Offices | Partial Remote Working by Agreement
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 25%
GlobalSign is seeking a Professional Services/Implementation Engineer for its Sales/Solutions Engineering team. This position is a hands-on technical resource for the GlobalSign EMEA field sales team. This role is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology implementation stage of the sales process for our PKI products. The individual will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with GlobalSign’s customers, by demonstrating and proving GlobalSign’s value through its products and services.
- Responsible for development and delivery of complex PKI implementations, tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience
- Develop a strong working relationship with the customer’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through his/her deep technical know-how and subject matter expertise
- Work closely with Sales Engineers to align the technical requirements, Scope of Work (SOW) and the solution design
- Support customer integration/testing with GlobalSign Application Programming Interfaces (API)
- Support and Run Pilots and POCs to drive/test specific use-cases internally and with customers
- Document technical process flows
- Support GlobalSign product management team in terms of documenting, testing product/ product features / integrations
- Help with QnA activities on current and new GlobalSign technologies/products
- Travel as required
To successfully discharge these duties, following is the ideal required skill set: -
- Deep understanding of Microsoft environment including but not limited to Active Directory, Group policies, AD Federation Services, Win Servers, MDM (Mobile Device Management), Outlook configurations etc.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one Smart Card and Card Management System (e.g SafeNet, Versasec etc.)
- Preferably hands-on experience on any Network, VPN, Web Servers, File Servers, Firewalls
- SOAP and REST API based integrations and troubleshooting
- At least one scripting language - preferably PowerShell
- Able to assist in various bespoke testing projects/concepts for example (but not limited to) a) Smart Card integration with GlobalSign solutions, b) NDES, ACME, SCEP based certificate issuance, c) understanding our technology partner solution integration with GlobalSign products
- Be able to run and maintain complex testing virtual labs.
- Extensive relevant PKI implementation experience
- Deep knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) concepts and hands-on experience on some PKI products.
- Strong technical acumen is a must. Quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex technical processes
- Good understanding of information security related products/services and/or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn/assimilate GlobalSign solutions.
- Familiarity and working experience with Windows environment especially Active Directory, Windows Servers/Desktops, Command Prompt, Virtual Machine set-up, etc.
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Ability to work in EMEA time-zones
- Self-motivated with a proven track record
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization
- Organized and analytical with a strong ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
Must respect deadlines and quality deliverables such as POC, SOW, responses to RFP etc.
Optional: Fluent French language is preferable and will add weightage to the candidate.
What We Offer
Death in Service Benefits
Long-Term Sickness Insurance
Annual Christmas Party
Perkbox Gold Card
Cycle To Work Scheme
Employee Assistance Package
Fruit and Snacks for the Office
Coffee, Tea and Drinks
Quarterly Company Events to reward achievement against target
Annual Profitability Bonus Scheme