Lead Software Engineer
Engineering | Makati City, Philippines | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
What we are doing:
How trust is bootstrapped on the internet hasn't changed much since 1996 -- we are fixing that!
Who we’re looking for
We are building a small engineering team here in Manila and need a senior developer with leadership experience who is passionate about security and creating beautiful user experiences.
We want someone who feels comfortable on both the front- and back-end, who loves learning new stuff, who’s entrepreneurial, a technical leader, a true creative problem solver.
As a Senior Software Engineer and lead, you'll write help us recruit and manage new team members and build our engineering team to into a powerhouse. You’ll design and build high-volume web services, amazing user experiences and interact with the open source community.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with one or more server-side languages and frameworks especially Java, Node.js and PHP.
- Experience designing highly interactive web applications with performance, scalability, usability, and security in mind.
- Experience with relational database schema design and queries.
- Experience developing software on Unix/Linux.
- Love your version control (Git preferably).
- Understanding of applied cryptographic concepts such as certificates, certificate chains, key management.Understanding of security risks and secure software development.
- Enjoys prototyping and iterating stuff.
- Bonus points for speaking Japanese.
- 5 years dynamic / scripting language programming, with background in C/C++ systems programming preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of *nix architecture.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly recommended.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
If this sounds like it could be you, send us a CV and some examples of the work that you’re most proud of.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work for full time employees we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE