Information Technology | Shibuya ku, Tokyo, Japan | Full Time
Who we are
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an up-and-coming system administrator with a passion for security. For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to work with the IT manager to help design, build and support a global information technology program.
What they will do
- Deploy and support of Windows and Apple based PCs.
- Deploy and support of Windows and Unix based servers.
- Set up end user accounts, permissions, and access rights in accordance within the documented security policy.
- Maintain multiple applications, and systems, network infrastructure, and promoting industry best practices.
- Follow up on requests, deployments & incidents/issues (including escalation) and ensure proper and timely closure.
- Monitor server performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes need to be made in the future.
- Scripting and general of automation of common tasks.
- Respond to communications from end users about server, workstation, network, database, and hardware issues.
- Create adhoc reporting as requested.
Skills & Experience
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role within a small to medium enterprise.
- A minimum of 1 year of prior experience working with IT Helpdesk or IT Technical support required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows and Unix systems.
- Intermediate ability to diagnose and troubleshoot performance, and reliability of all aspects of a desktop environment.
- Basic ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic server configuration issues.
- Excellent global communication skills in both formal and informal settings with all organizational levels of employees.
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages such as Python as well as some experience in web based and service oriented application delivery and a desire to learn more.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment and possess a strong drive to succeed and take the initiative to perform tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Basic knowledge of Security concepts.
- Must be flexible to work early or late office hours, weekends, when required
- Must display the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Required to carry duty Mobile and response to urgent calls.
If this sounds like it could be you, send us a CV.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work for full time employees we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE