Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources | Portsmouth, NH | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud service providers and IoT innovators around the world to secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity and access management (IAM) solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Who we’re looking for:
In this role, the individual will perform a variety of human resource and general administrative duties including but not limited to: administration of HR policies, procedures and programs, compensation, employee relations, disciplinary/corrective actions procedures, new hire orientation, monthly management reporting; recruitment, performance management, and employee benefit administration. Coordination of activities throughout the organization. Supervise receptionist.
Salary: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00, Plus Bonus
Compensation and Benefits
- Primary administrator for ADP Workforce Now Payroll System. Process biweekly payroll, maintain employee information.
- Primary benefit administrator for medical and dental insurance, 401(k), life insurance, AFLAC & COBRA. Responsible for reviewing annual health insurance renewal plan options and recommending plan choices. Administer employee plan enrollments and maintenance. Review benefits provider invoices. Point person for employee questions on benefit plans.
- Prepare salary survey data, annual appraisal salary reporting and increase information, change forms, MBO administration, payment tracking and processing to finance for payment.
- Administrator for leave management and special leave situations. Assist in coordinating temporary or permanent relocations to US.
- Administer NH, ME & MA unemployment and workers compensation renewals and audits. Collaborate with General Counsel to determine course of action and response to any claims.
- Maintain personnel records and data in HRIS. Prepare management reports, as needed, inclusive of monthly headcount report.
- Maintain and update employee handbook, in conjunction with General Counsel, to ensure compliance with state and federal law.
Employee Relations/Corporate HR Liaison
- Conduct new employee orientation. Enter employee data in payroll system. Complete background and E-Verify (Homeland Security) checks. Collect all policy acknowledgements and executed paperwork.
- Prepare employee termination paperwork and conduct exit interviews. Collect company property. Work with General Counsel to draft any separation agreements.
- Work closely with General Counsel to support management of employee relations matters, manager guidance, and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with corporate headquarters HR Director for development and implementation of new company-wide HR procedures and processes.
- Active Directory Manager account creation and deletion for new hires and terminations.
- Help Desk Administrator for initiating and processing tickets to close for new hires and terminations.
- Administer employee appraisal and training systems (Greenlight and SilkRoad) for the US office. Account maintenance inclusive of assigning employee trainings, tracking appraisal processes, managing changes with corporate headquarters administrator, ensuring timely completion of appraisals.
Recruiting and Retention
- Manage recruiting process to include: sourcing, attracting, assessing, and hiring candidates. Recruit through various online and social media outlets. Contract with employment agencies to provide temporary and permanent staff. Collaborate with management on candidate selection and coordinate cross-departmental interviewing. Prepare offer paperwork.
- Manage student internship program, including sourcing through universities, screening candidates, and completing hiring process.
- General coordination of U.S. employee recognition program: track recognition submissions, coordinate reward luncheon, work with receptionist on logistics.
- Manage Employee Referral Program: track employee referral bonuses and ensure timely payment.
General Office Management
- Assist with various facilities related responsibilities, including lease renewals, space management, and liaison with property management company.
- Primary liaison with corporate insurance broker.
- Safety Compliance Officer: Schedule Safety Committee meetings, meet guidelines for state and federal agencies.
- Supervise receptionist (who also serves as HR assistant)
- Bachelor’s Degree required. PHR certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of HR Generalist experience with responsibilities in benefit management, recruitment, payroll processing, and general HR operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products, ADP Workforce Now, and HRIS.
- Experience with Federal and State employment laws and regulations, such as FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEO, and ACA.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team, with all levels of management, as well as independently.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service skills
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a great working environment with locations worldwide. We are located near freeways, bus stops, restaurants, bars and, of course, coffee houses! Our full-time employees experience an exceptional benefits package that includes:
- 80% employer-paid health insurance
- Delta Dental Insurance at a reduced group rate
- 401(k) Employer-Match
- Additional AFLAC Plans
- Company-paid Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation as needed with ten paid holidays and 15 days (or more) of paid time off
- Two additional personal days
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus
- Fresh fruit, healthy snacks and coffee
If this sounds like it could be you, please send us a cover letter along with your current resume.