Frontend Developer - React.js
Engineering | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud service providers and IoT innovators around the world to secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Our high-scale PKI and identity and access management (IAM) solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). We have offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
What we do:
In London, GlobalSign is developing its high volume/high value identity platform, forming the core of GlobalSign’s current and future products. Our platform is a complex distributed system that is designed to scale to the needs of IoE and major cloud deployments, being capable of issuing billions of identities, with industry leading performance. Built to meet existing and future web standards and compliance rules, it is capable of servicing any scenario where strong identity is required.
This role is part of a critical green field digital transformation project focused on replacing the legacy Business Support Systems with a modern platform, built on an industry standard foundation, shifting from an entirely on-prem to hybrid on-prem + cloud architecture. You will be part of an agile and well funded team based in London reporting to the BSS development manager.
We would love to meet you if:
- You write clean, concise, self-documenting code that both you and your team can still understand a year after. You care about naming. You do not repeat yourself. You do not believe that more code represents the solution to a problem. You test everything.
- You enjoy designing solutions to hard problems and can communicate these to both the team as well as product management.
- You get a kick out of motivating and helping your team mates grow. You are always happy to help out a fellow team member, taking the time to explain solutions and set them on the path of self-learning.
- You already master a few programming languages, or easily find your way around a new one. You enjoy picking up new things and incorporating those in your skillset.
- You think in patterns. Synchronous/asynchronous. Multithreaded/event driven. Latency/bandwidth. You take these into consideration before laying down any code.
- You are familiar with the latest technologies and use them judiciously. Software advancements have made things that were impossible ten years ago possible, but no single piece of technology has been a silver bullet. You can tell which of the tools in your belt work for the task at hand and which do not.
- You are an inquisitive perfectionist. You like to know how things work and constantly try to improve them.
Working alongside our Business Systems Architect, you will:
- Implement REST APIs to support public facing functionalities and integrations with our backend and 3rd party systems
- Collaborate with BSS engineers on delivering external and internal Single Page Applications
- Assure systems compliance and security with input from our compliance and security officers
- Assure code quality by implementing appropriate automated testing tools and processes
- Align the development process with the rest of our CI/CD practices and workflows
- Measure and establish baseline platform performance
- Proven successful SPA implementations using React
- Experience using state management libraries (Redux, MobX or Flux)
- Experience with front-end build systems (Webpack, Gulp or Grunt)
- Good knowledge on security and vulnerability mitigation
- Working knowledge of CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS, Stylus)
- Working knowledge of REST (RAML, OpenAS), OAuth2, SAML, OpenID Connect
What we offer
- The opportunity to work for a leading multinational PKI provider
- A clean slate. No legacy or poorly documented code to maintain
- A friendly and personal working environment
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Salary
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Company Profitability Bonus Scheme
- Employer matched pension contributions to 5% of salary
- Long-term Sickness and Disability Insurance
- Private Medical Cover with the option to add family members at your expense
- 4 x Salary Life Insurance cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Perkbox Goldcard Discount Scheme
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.