Enterprise New Business Development Representative
Sales | Portsmouth, NH | Full Time
Who we are:
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
Who we’re looking for:
Individual will use cold calling and other “outbound” methods such as email, to uncover potential business for GlobalSign Managed PKI solutions. Will identify and uncover key sales levers to qualify a company’s interest in utilizing GlobalSign to replace their existing certificate solutions.
This is an outbound “hunting” and lead generation role to engage network and security IT contacts regarding GlobalSign’s managed digital certificates services. The main target will be “enterprises” that range from $50MM through the Fortune 1000.
This position is located in our Portsmouth, NH office.
A Candidate Should:
- Identify “buyers” of digital certificates in their IT infrastructure and security groups
- Uncover their current vendor strategy and quantities/types of certificates used annually
- Establish the timing/timeframes of their annual purchases and establish their contract situation with the current vendor.
- Gain basic understanding about their budget(s) process and “how they buy” like security solutions.
- Present high level benefits and create interest in working with GlobalSign and utilizing its managed PKI platforms.
- When “qualified” appropriately “pass” the opportunity to an Enterprise Account Executive using designated process in the Salesforce CRM system.
- If there is a high degree of urgency or where timing is well aligned close for a meeting (initial discovery call, web demo, etc.) with geographically aligned account manager.
- Continuously manage and nurture a pipeline of lower level, less qualified leads until they meet outlined lead criteria (identified key contact, understand business potential/number of certificates, timeframes/timing, & budget/buying process).
- Work closely with all Enterprise Account Executives and provide additional feedback as necessary as the sales team engages the “qualified” leads that have been passed
- Maintain detailed prospect information related to individual territory in the GlobalSign’s Salesforce CRM system. Information should be very thorough and allow management and Enterprise Account Executives to easily understand the status of customer relationships, quickly ascertain potential passed and opportunities in progress.
- Use provided prospecting tools like RainKing and others to help identify and supplement contacts within the target companies.
- Provide detailed weekly forecast and update of in process leads, potential upside and future opportunities to management and enterprise sales team.
Skills & Experience:
- One to two years of sales/ lead generation experience and/or customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills including a confident telephone manner and solid writing skills
- Excellent organizations skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple lead lists
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact well with customers and internal departments
- Experience with prospecting for new business including data mining, lead qualification, and cold calling desired
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently using their own initiatives as well as working as part of a team
- Thorough understanding of information security related products/services and/or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn/assimilate GlobalSign solutions
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated superior internal and external customer service skills
- Strong analytical, business process development and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and drive and lead projects as necessary
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word
- Proficiency with CRM applications (preferably Salesforce.com) and related tools
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn sales/marketing tools like RainKing, ActOn, LinkedIn etc. that are used by all core teams
- Ability to meet monthly lead generation goals and opportunity “metrics” ranging from 22 to 45 qualified leads and/or eight+ (8) scheduled appointments/web demo’s per month
- Meet required activity metrics, average seventy (70) plus outbound calls per day and exceed an average of three (3.0) hours of talk time daily.
If this sound like it could be you, please send us your current resume.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work for full time employees we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
NO PHONE CALLS.