Translation Community Manager Internship
Video Production | San Francisco, CA | Internship and Volunteer
Min. Time Commitment: 10 - 20 hrs/week (negotiable)
Duration: 3-6 months (shorter time period w/ more hours available for summer internships)
Salary: Non-Paid Internship/ School Credit Available Location: San Francisco, CA (can work remotely)
The Global Lives Project is looking for thoughtful, hard-working, detail-oriented interns who can recruit and manage a team of volunteers via virtual networks. It is an exciting opportunity to use the web to build networks across national and cultural boundaries in the name of cross-cultural understanding. Translation is an essential element of Global Lives.
This is a special and incredibly important internship with much to offer. You will feel a sense of ownership over our footage and forge an intimate connection with our subjects and communities by the end of your internship; basically, our project will become your project by the time you are through, and you will walk away with a new set of friends from all over the world.
• Recruit transcription & translation volunteers through virtual networks like blogs, classifieds, and social networks sites.
• Assign our video clips (hosted at www.dotsub.com) for transcription and translation to volunteers and track their progress.
• Build a coherent/singular style for Global Lives' online video library.
• Assist Global Lives producers and directors in their efforts to build communities of stakeholders around each shoot.
• Log and report moments in the the footage you determine significant and/or impactful.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to crowd-source and recruit volunteers through virtual networks like blogs, classifieds (like Craigslist & Idealist.org), and social networking sites (such as Facebook).
• Ability to manage and motivate a team of volunteers via the web.
• Ability to work unsupervised, shows significant levels of strategic initiative.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Identification with mission and vision of the project.
• Knowledge of multiple languages a plus, but not absolutely necessary.
• While it would be ideal if the interns were based in the SF Bay Area, volunteers can work from anywhere there is a strong internet connection.
• Interns can work alone or in teams of 2 or 3.
• Global Lives is open to receiving full-time and/or part-time students.
• Participants must have their own computers.
• Interns are required to help at Global Lives exhibits and events according to seasonal demand, including setting up, taking down and staffing the event.
• Regular email and/or video chat reports documenting progress.
- Upload your cover letter and resume through Jobscore. In your cover letter tell us why you are passionate about working for the Global Lives Project, why you are interested in this specific intern position, what time period you are applying for (summer, fall, spring), and whether you plan to work in our San Francisco office or remotely. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Information about other open internship positions at Global Lives here: http://www.jobscore.com/jobs2/globallivesproject