Lead UI/UX Designer for Mobile & Web
Design | New York, NY
UI/UX Lead Designer
Rewind.Me helps people create, manage, and benefit from a new personal asset: their digital history. We aggregate data from online services and accounts such as FourSquare, Facebook, TripIt, RunKeeper, and even NetFlix. Then we unlock the value in this data so the user benefits personally, socially, and economically. It's Quantified Self meets Facebook Timeline meets Klout Score.
To reach our vision we're building web and mobile products that make personal data compelling, attractive, and powerful. We're looking for a Lead Designer to take responsibility for the UI/UX of all our products. Someone with experience solving difficult UX problems for mobile devices and the web, and with a proven ability to make products highly functional and emotionally satisfying (not to mention beautiful).
We're a venture-funded startup and a member of the 2012 TechStars NYC program. Join us and you'll get to come work not only with our experienced team, but also get to be a part of the amazing TechStars experience - working in a shared space with 14 awesome startups that were picked from over 1500 program applicants. You'll get to meet and work with the best of the best in the NY tech and business community both in the office and at an endless stream of TechStars only presentations and events.
- Portfolio of well-designed web and mobile projects.
- Great skill in translating high-level concepts into elegant user experience design.
- Ability to prototype user work flows, interaction models, and screen designs.
- Fascination with infographics - we have a lot of data and our success depends upon displaying it in attractive and effective ways.
- Comfortable working with product management and development teams to understand and solve user problems and company business goals.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design rationale.
- Comfortable in a very fast-paced startup environment, able to manage multiple projects and priorities and thrive in a truly high-energy environment.
- 5+ years experience as a key member of a design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web/software product.
- 2+ years experience leading design and user experience efforts and coordinating with multi-disciplinary project team members.
This position has management potential and you will have the opportunity to hire and manage a design team as the company grows.
Rewind.Me is based in New York City. We offer a highly competitive compensation package including equity in this venture-funded, TechStars-chosen, early-stage startup.