Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain | Athens, OH | Full Time
Global Cooling, Inc. is a rapidly growing company that manufactures and sells Stirling Ultracold freezers, a new generation of environmentally friendly ultra-low temperature freezers which operate at or below -80°C. These freezers do not use compressor-based or cascade refrigeration systems. They use patented free-piston Stirling engine technology developed for critical energy, aerospace and industrial applications.
We currently have a need to fill a full-time, exempt (salaried), Supply Chain Manager Position.
The Supply Chain Manager will oversee all aspects of our supply chain organization, including materials, purchasing/sourcing, transportation and logistics. This is a highly visible and key position in the Operations Group. This position will require a strong combination of leadership, functional and organizational skills.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Drive strategic objectives for supply chain organization as outlined in strategic plan.
- Develop strong, capable, flexible and effective supply chain for company
- Interface with all key areas of business (manufacturing, engineering, quality, etc.)
- Transition, develop and grow purchasing function into strategic sourcing function
- Balance business goals of on-time delivery, inventory management and cost reduction
- Estimates values according to knowledge and research of market price and determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase, payment terms, or purchase order process
- Uses Bills of Materials and Master Schedule to organize purchasing activities and manage inventory levels
- Monitor and drive improvement in vendor performance, supplier quality, etc.
- Implement strategic supply chain initiatives (consignment, VMI, etc.)
- Analyzes and plans for long lead time and long transit time parts
- Monitors and audits Purchasing and Receiving practices to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Works to balance inventory levels with Economic Order Quantities
- Researches and qualifies new vendors
- Lead strategic improvements in the areas of transportation, freight, logistics, etc.
- Prepare company for international growth via global logistics planning/plans
- Lead, manage and develop members of supply chain team
- Assists in developing reporting processes
- Actively supports company-wide 5S initiatives
- Completes any necessary work records accurately and in a timely manner
- Works with the rest of the team to maintain a SAFE and CLEAN work environment
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Strong business acumen with technical competency (electrical/mechanical components)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strategy, analysis, decision-making, problem-solving skills
- Excellent mathematic knowledge and skills
- Ability to determine current market price of goods and materials
- Excellent cost analysis and procurement procedures knowledge
- Has working knowledge of ERP, relational databases, EDI, KanBan
- Must have a adept degree of computer competency
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy work environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must able to interact with other team members while in cooperative working relationships
- Must be willing to travel occasionally, as needed (15-20%)
- Must be willing to travel internationally, as needed (1-2 times per year)
- Must be able to work with limited direction/supervision
- Must be able to walk, sit, and stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 Years equivalent work experience
- 3 Years Supervisor Experience
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment
- Master’s degree / MBA
- 10 Years equivalent work experience
- 6 years Supervisor Experience
- Experience in a precision manufacturing environment.
- International logistics experience.