Quaility and Engineering | Athens, OH | Full Time
Global Cooling, Inc. is a rapidly growing company that manufactures and sells Stirling Ultracold freezers, a new generation of environmentally friendly ultra-low temperature freezers which operate at or below -80°C. These freezers do not use compressor-based or cascade refrigeration systems. They use patented free-piston Stirling engine technology developed for critical energy, aerospace and industrial applications.
We currently have a need to fill a permanent, full-time, Quality Engineer position at our Athens, Ohio location.
The primary role of the Quality Engineer is to support timely, efficient production of Stirling engines by working directly with supervision and engineering resources to ensure quality is built directly into the manufacturing process and methods. The Quality Engineer will have the additional responsibilities of instructing, guiding, and coaching production personnel on quality control techniques.
Specific Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Work with Operations and Engineering to understand assembly build issues. Analyzes production processes and drives improvement through statistical process control techniques.
- Actively participates in product development and minimizes change risk by performing process failure mode analysis (PFMEA).
- Work with Operations and Engineering resources to investigate and understand failure modes of the Stirling engines produced.
- Work with Procurement to drive Corrective/Preventive actions (CAPA) in supply chain when necessary.
- Participates in the written procedure release process to deploy instructions to production floor.
- Work with production technicians and supervision to ensure written procedures are posted at workstations, concise and utilized for all assembly functions.
- Performs process audit functions to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Works with supervision to ensure that production and test equipment is accurately calibrated and in good working order.
- Follows written and verbal work instructions
- Maintains work area and tools – to keep organized and clean all the time (5S principle)
- Makes recommendations for continuous improvement of Quality Assurance and Engineering
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Solid foundation in Statistical Process Control.
- Experienced in GD&T. Demonstrated ability to understand notes, call-outs, regular and geometric tolerances.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ERP systems to keep quality data current and organized. Must also have thorough understanding of Microsoft products (MS Excel).
- Must have experience with 3-D drawing software.
- Developed communication skills with demonstrated ability to maintain cooperative relationships. Must be capable of coaching continuous improvement activities.
- Must be organized and be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently and have the flexibility to work in small and large teams/groups.
- Capable of walking, sitting and/or standing throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique.
- Ability to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
- Works overtime when necessary, including evenings and weekends.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or industrial engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a precision manufacturing environment.
- Automotive quality control experience a plus.
- Masters Degree in engineering field
- More than 5 years experience in a precision manufacturing environment