Admin | Athens, OH | Full Time
Global Cooling, Inc. is a rapidly growing company that manufactures and sells Stirling Ultracold freezers, a new generation of environmentally friendly ultra-low temperature freezers which operate at or below -80°C. These freezers do not use compressor-based or cascade refrigeration systems. They use patented free-piston Stirling engine technology developed for critical energy, aerospace and industrial applications.
We currently have a need to fill a full-time, non-exempt (hourly), Office/Accounting Associate position
Provides general office support and secretarial duties with a variety of clerical activities. The Office Accounting Associate (OAA) will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, and flow of correspondence. Provide general accounting support and data entry for the accounting/ finance department. The OAA will be responsible for assisting with the handling of accounts receivable (AR), accounts payable (AP), data entry, and other assigned accounting duties and functions. Position is ideal for a candidate who is seeking accounting experience to build their resume.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Assist with Accounts Payable
- Input invices and match invoices and purchase orders
- Prvide credit reference information to vendors
- Match packing slips and verify gods received (quantity and price)
- Investigate discrepancies
- Assist with Accounts Receivable
- Invice customers
- Input custmer payments into QuickBooks and electronically deposit funds in checking account
- Establish and maintain custmer records- including filing vouchers
- Assist with month and year end closing
- Assist with fixed asset tracking
- Manage Accounting Inbox
- Perform duties assigned by the CFO/Controller
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Must have strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy work environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to maintain focus and composure in difficult situations.
- Must able to interact with other team members while in cooperative working relationships.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- High School Diploma
- 1 year experience as secretary, receptionist, or administrative assistant
- Associates or Technical Degree/Certification
- More than 1 year experience as secretary, receptionist, or administrative assistant
- More than 1 year experience in accounting