Inside Sales Representative
Sales | COLUMBUS, OH | Full Time
Global Cooling, Inc. is a rapidly growing company that manufactures and sells Stirling Ultracold freezers, a new generation of environmentally friendly ultra-low temperature freezers which operate at or below -80°C. These freezers do not use compressor-based or cascade refrigeration systems. They use patented free-piston Stirling engine technology developed for critical energy, aerospace and industrial applications.
We currently have a need to fill a full-time, non-exempt (hourly), Inside Sales Representative position.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to grow their career with an exciting technology company selling to the most respected research partners and life sciences companies in the world! Customers include Amgen, Pfizer, Genentech, Harvard. MIT and many, many others.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for working with a dedicated field sales team and our distribution partners to generate qualified leads through outbound and inbound calling initiatives and help to turn these leads into sales though one of our approved channels. This person will also be responsible for partnering with field sales people to support and grow existing customers. May include multiple “Skype” multimedia calls per day where you are presenting sales material or training partners as well as educating end users. Compensation from base salary and commission based on territory and team performance.
Achieve sales targets from existing and new accounts.
- This team does NOT enter orders, manage backlog etc. This is a sales / lead generation role.
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect customers and building pipelines with channel partners and team members to close sales
- Maintaining database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective customer information
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential customers
- Understanding customer needs and offering solutions and support
- Presenting and delivering information to potential customers
- Answering potential customer questions and follow-up call questions
- Working with field sales and distributor teams to close sale
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Supporting field and distribution teams with product training (remote) and answering product and / or ordering questions.
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- In-depth understanding of company services and its position in the industry
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Previous experience in outbound call center, inside sales experience, or related sales experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree. Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3 years business experience, knowledge of manufacturing and B2B channels preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in sales, sales management, and customer service, inside sales experience preferred.
- Proficiency with diverse digital platforms and customer portals.