Quaility and Engineering | Athens, OH | Full Time
Global Cooling, Inc. is a rapidly growing company that manufactures and sells Stirling Ultracold freezers, a new generation of environmentally friendly ultra-low temperature freezers which operate at or below -80°C. These freezers do not use compressor-based or cascade refrigeration systems. They use patented free-piston Stirling engine technology developed for critical energy, aerospace and industrial applications.
We currently have a need to fill a permanent, full-time, Engineering position.
The primary role of the Engineering Technician is to assist and observe the engineering department in design, develop, and refine production process and equipment used to manufacture the company’s Stirling Ultracold ultra-low temperature (ULT) freezers and free-piston Stirling engines.
Specific Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Support designers and engineers daily tasks; Design, develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing equipment and process consistent with lean manufacturing practices
- Understand all process and test requirements including the capability of processes and equipment
- Perform root cause and failure analysis as required
- Participate in cost-down activities
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrate ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stack up in assemblies by applying Six Sigma design and development strategies. Conduct experiments as instructed by engineers. Understand application of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R)
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and facilitate manufacturability
- Provides engineers/designers with summary reports detailing daily tasks on a weekly basis
Required Skills / Abilities:
• Knowledge to engineering drawings to read and understand notes, call-outs, regular and
• Should be able to utilize MS Excel and Word in order to keep experiment result, data and to organize data.
• Should have good communication skill with other team and maintain cooperative relationships.
• Must be organized and be able to multi-task
• Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique.
• Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
• 2-year Associates degree is required.
• 2 year’s experience as engineering support/technician in a manufacturing
• A 4-year Bachelors degree is preferred. Five or more years in an engineering role will
be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
• 3 years or more experience as engineering support/technician in a manufacturing environment