Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
- The Team Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Informatics Director, the Team Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and scheduling all internal and external appointments for Senior TLC participants. Works with all STLC medical and transportation staff, as well as outside contracted services. The Team Coordinators will maintain responsibility for the maintenance, security, and distribution of medical records for the Senior TLC participants and prospective participants. The Team Coordinator will maintain documentation of assigned team’s interdisciplinary team (IDT) minutes and Care Planning. All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Senior Total Life Care values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
Experience: Minimum one year of employment in a medical office setting, or equivalent business office experience.
Number and Type of Employees Supervised (optional): None
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: NC drivers licenses
Special Training: Must be able to work effectively in a team environment. Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal skills. Proficient in Excel and Word. Be knowledgeable in multi-line computer operations and phone systems as well as excellent writing and reporting skills.
Ages of Patients Rendered Care:
Adult / Geriatric
- Supports team members and functions as a team player while providing that support and adheres to the “do no harm” teamwork statement.
- Supports the Senior TLC mission by enhancing mobility, independence, quality of life, and quality of end of life for the participants.
- Assemble medical records of assigned team’s participants for team use.
- Ensure the physical and electronic security of all records in accordance with acceptable standards of practice.
- Communicate with other care providers when providing or collecting participant medical information.
- Provide for the quick and accurate retrieval of information as need by the interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Assist Health Plan Operations as requested.
- Maintain current directory listing such as essential telephone numbers.
- Maintain calendar of appointment dates and times of participants.
- Coordinates and schedules all medical related appointments for assigned team’s participants and STLC physicians both internal and external, communicating with doctors, nurses and other medical staff.
- Coordinates and schedules all imaging for participants. Calls and pre-registers participants for appointments.
- Coordinates and communicates with the transportation department, home care coordinators, and center nursing for any participant needs, appointment times, location and any changes for participant outside appointments.
- Communicates appointment times and location to family members as needed.
- Attends and records team’s IDT meetings and Care Planning sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.