Social Worker - Care Manager
GFHS | 200 East Second Ave, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Gaston Family Health Services is seeking a Care Manager to work with high-risk pregnant women and at risk children to assess health needs, coordinate care and arrange for needed services. These positions are part of a care team of nurses and social workers and will perform comprehensive health assessments, problem identification, services planning and coordination, care interventions, and patient education. Assessments are completed in a variety of locations which can include acute care settings, physician offices, community agencies and member’s homes.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
This position requires a BSW or MSW (preferred) from an accredited college or university and (2) years’ work experience in a public health, home care or an acute care setting. In addition to the degree, applicants should have:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strength in working with high-risk patient populations
- Ability to work with changing program priorities
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Experience with electronic documentation systems