Senior Information Systems Analyst
GFHS | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
Summary of Position
The Service Desk Supervisor Provides:
- Desk-top users
Provide PC, server, network, printer and application technical support and trouble-shooting for all GFHS users. Perform all PC installs, moves, add, changes
Perform all desktop application installations.
Perform application configuration and maintenance tasks
Perform server administration tasks for Windows users
Perform or oversee vendor installation of Windows-based applications
Trains and directs IT Systems Analyst to provide superior service to end users
Observes and reports on trends, tendencies, or deficiencies to Network Administrator
Minimum Qualifications and required Skills
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to pick up and move equipment weighing no more than 50 lbs. without assistance
- Manual and physical dexterity
- Ability to read and understand the English language
- Ability to effectively maintain confidentiality of records and communicate with all levels of personnel
- Valid NC driver’s license.
- Five years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience or an equivalent Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed
Experience with Windows desktop and Server OS and MS Office.
- Advanced understanding of switches, routers and TCP / IP networking as well as DHCP and DNS protocols
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, AD administration, user account creation and Internet email.
- Excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, basic keyboard use and e-mail communication
Education Required: Associate degree or equivalent experience
Experience Required: Minimum 2 years’ experience technical support to end-users at the desktop
Other knowledge, skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Windows , Microsoft Office, desktop hardware and printers, good communication skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, strong sense of urgency
Certification(s) : Comp TIA A+, Network + or Microsoft MCP certifications preferred
Key Responsibilities (10-Core)
- Provide PC, server network, printer and application technical support.
- Perform all PC installs, moves, adds and changes.
- Perform all desktop application installations.
- Perform application configuration and maintenance tasks.
- Perform server administration tasks for Windows users.
- Perform basic network administration tasks.
- Manage all PC and data backup.
- Deploy and configure new server installations.
- Make recommendations for future technology standards.
- Create and maintain documentation for all information technology processes and procedures.
- Provide feedback to Network Administrator regarding Service Desk performance and trends