Second Shift CNA - In Home Aide
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
- In-home aides will provide services as appropriate to the needs of the Participants in accordance with a plan of care developed by the Agency Supervisor.
- In-home aides provide “hands-on” care to home care Participants. In-home aides provide paraprofessional services which assist individuals, their family or both with essential home management tasks, personal care tasks, or supervision of the Participant activities, or all of the above, to enable the individual, their family or both, to remain and function effectively at home as long as possible.
- Paraprofessional means an in-home care provider who does not hold a professional license or professional certification and through the nature of their duties assists a professional.
- If the Participant plan of care requires the in-home aide to provide extensive hands-on assistance to the Participant the in-home aide must be a CNA who listed on the Nurse Aide Registry pursuant to G. S. 131E-255. However, if the Participant plan of care requires the in-home aide to provide only limited assistance to the Participant which includes hands-on care involving guided maneuvering of limbs when eating, toileting, bathing, dressing personal hygiene, self-monitoring of medications or other non-weight bearing assistance, the in-home aide would not be required to be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry.
- In-home aides who are not subject to occupational licensing laws, shall only be assigned Participant care activities for which they have demonstrated competency, the documentation of which is maintained by Senior Total Life Care, Inc. Meeting competency includes a correct demonstration of tasks to an appropriate professional.
- Must demonstrate an ability to read and write, and effectively communicate in English and/or the predominant language of the Participant.
- High school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- CNAs must be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry if providing extensive assistance to Participants.
- CNAs must demonstrate competency for all tasks and activities assigned.
- Must possess a current NC Driver’s License which is clear of violations reflecting a poor driving record with no more than six (6) points. Personal vehicle insurance is required.
- For an in-home aide who does not have a driver’s license, an identification card issued by the DMV is required.
- A dependable means of transportation is mandatory.