RN - Quality Nurse
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Medical Director and Quality Coordinator, supports the quality improvement program for Senior Total Life Care, including annual review and update of quality improvement plan, development and implementation of program wide and center specific quality indicators, data management, education and training of program staff around quality improvement, preparation of routine and special reports, and coordination of improvement efforts arising from monitoring activities. Reports to Quality Coordinator.
Education: Associates Degree or BS in health related field preferred.
Experience: 2 years in healthcare quality improvement. Clinical background preferred. One year experience working with the frail elderly population
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: NAHCQ Preferred
- Creation and facilitation of Level II reports and Root Cause Analysis reports including submission, follow-up, and summation for CMS requirements
- Support and assist with creation of Audit Universe data
- Supports the Quality Coordinator in an annual review of the quality improvement program for Senior Total Life Care and updates plan as appropriate. Prepares routine and special reports of quality improvement activities and performance as requested.
- Assists with the SDAG (Service Denial Requests, Appeals and Grievances) processes and manages required time frames to ensure timely responses to requests.
- Supports and assists with data management for QI activities including coordination of collection, entry, and analysis and assessment of data
- Assists in performing the appropriate statistical analysis to assure consistency and ease of presentation and review data to detect trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvements as well as potential problems.
- Assists with documentation and reporting of Corrective Action Plans as directed by the Quality Coordinator or Medical Director when opportunities for improvement are identified. Facilitates Corrective Action Plans from contracted providers in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration,
- Supports documentation of Quality Improvement Projects generated by the QA Committee for reporting to the STLC board of directors.
- Orients Staff and Contract Providers to Senior TLC’s Quality Program as requested.
- Assist with Orientation of New PACE Participants and their Families through communication of the enrollment process, of participants’ rights, protection of health information, the grievance and appeals processes, and other methods of voicing satisfaction or dissatisfaction with program services through the support of the Participant Advisory Council in collaboration with the Director of Community Education & Center Manager.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations:
- Identifies inconsistencies in the practice of Senior Total Life Care policies and procedures and alerts the Management Team Members.
- Facilitates Infection Control, Wound & Falls Committees
- Review monthly log data and reports discrepancies to the Quality Coordinator.
- Assists with the communication of applicable policies and procedures to appropriate staff and Board as requested by the Quality Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Physical Requirements, or other factors:
- General understanding of behavioral patterns and attitudes common in varying degrees with aging population served and staff.
- Ability to deal patiently and fairly with staff, Participants and others.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and present and support an atmosphere of teamwork
- Work involves a broad range of problems, many of a complex nature – must be able to work independently, make sound judgments based on assessment and data available and to act accordingly; must be flexible, innovative, and possess good interpersonal skills; must be able to prioritize multiple functions and/or tasks
- Ability to communicate efficiently, effectively in a collaborative manner.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, Power Point at a minimum)