RN - Home Care Coordinator
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate...
- Assesses, using the nursing process, the home care needs of a frail elderly population, and identifies and develops specific plans of care. Initial and periodic assessments to be conducted minimally every 6 months and must be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting. Communicates participant changes with team members.
- Coordination of 24 hour care delivery and the implementation of all home care services which include nursing, PT, OT, ST and personal care services to ensure that quality services are provided to meet participant needs.
- Coordinates and authorizes all Durable Medical Equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises all nursing care for participants in the nursing home/boarding home according to program standards. Includes interaction with other facility staff.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning. Communicates any changes in participant condition to team members.
- Manages home supplies such as incontinence and nutritional supplies. Reconciliation of invoices for home supplies
- Works with Social Worker to provide community resources for participant needs.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred but not required
- Experience Required: At least 1 year as an RN, preferably in either home or community health. Supervisory experience desired. Minimum of 1 year experience working with the frail elderly population
- Professional Licensure: Licensed RN in NC, current, valid NC driver's license and vehicle.