RN - Clinic Nurse
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
RN - Clinic Nurse
Has the responsibility for providing direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patients. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Program Director or designee but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills. Manages complex clinical situations for which he/she is responsible.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: Has practiced nursing in the last 3 years; RN experience with at least 24 months experience working with the frail elderly population.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: RN currently licensed in North Carolina; presents credentials which demonstrate ability to meet performance criteria for RN.
Ages of Patients Rendered Care: Adult / Geriatric
Key Responsibilities: (*denotes an age related skill or task)
- Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient’s overt problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs advanced nursing assessment using critical thinking skills. *
- Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides correct treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provides participant and family education in coordination of 24 hour care delivery; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care. *Able to perform venipuncture for blood draws, IV insertion, and injections. Familiar with various wound treatments and supplies.
- Develops a Plan of Care based on Nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services. Initial and periodic assessments (minimally every 6 months) to be completed prior to the scheduled IDT meeting. Communicates participant changes to team members.
- Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems. * Able to become efficient with electronic medical charting, incident charting and various other electronic charting methods.
- Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital center expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports.
- Participates in clinical review initiatives to ensure clinical team is functioning in accordance with polices procedures and program requirements.
- Participates in on call rotation.
- Attends staff meetings and IDT meetings as required.