RN - Care Manager
Davidson Health Services-Lexington | Lexington, NC | Full Time
RN Care Manager for Davidson Medical Ministries / Davidson Health Services. uninsured patient population
Care Manager is responsible for coordinating care and services for our uninsured patient population. The right candidate works with our Medical Director and Medical Providers with medical assistants, RN Supervisor, Behavior Health Providers, pharmacy, community resources In an effort to meet recipients’ comprehensive health needs through communication, interventions, and available resources to promote quality cost effective care. Care Managers are to implement a collaborative process of assessment, care planning, facilitation, coordination of care, education, advocacy and evaluation.
The selected candidates is expected to work with the patients, utilizing a team approach, to develop individualized goals that lead toward enhanced self-management. Progress towards these goals must be assessed on an ongoing basis and revised as indicated. In addition, this position will support DMMC-DHS goals and objectives in meeting performance improvement targets for various initiatives, data analysis that supports care management, standardized plan of care expectations, and patient team development and perform other duties as assigned to support the development of the network.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Associate’s Degree or better from an accredited School of Nursing with an unrestricted license to practice nursing in NC;
- Experience: Minimum of (3) five years of nursing experience in an ambulatory or acute care setting, home health, or public health. Prefer experience working with the behavioral health and substance abuse population.
- Additional skills required: Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to work with changing priorities. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to function as part of a team.
- Additional skills preferred: Experience with electronic documentation systems.
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint use and e-mail communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Dependable, manages time well; efficient and organized.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to produce accurate work; ability to perform multiple tasks in a proficient and timely manner.