GFHS | Gastonia , NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
- Be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority by answering phones and/or face-to-face greeting
- Must be able to follow-up on all referrals under guidelines of administration.
- Utilize EMR and PMG Systems
- Pull EMR for referral processing and documentation
- Send patient/provider messages via the EMR.
- Keep track of all provider referrals via EMR.
- Update patient demographics & Insurance via PMG.
- Register new patients via PMG
- Coordinate new therapy referrals for insurance plans that require authorization (AHCCCS, work comp, etc). This includes obtaining any insurance authorization needed.
- Accurately enter notes into Allscripts (EMR system) regarding letters or correspondence from insurance companies regarding insurance authorization or other notifications. These documents should also be scanned into the appropriate patients chart in Allscripts (EMR system).
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology, high proficiency of general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations.
- Documents all interactions on an account with a Note.
Experience:One year of clerical experience in medical office setting required. Other related experience may be considered in lieu of medical office experience. Must be able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology.
Additional skills required: Knowledge of medical office software, ICD-9/10 and CPT codes for obtaining insurance authorizations, insurance plans and rules. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills and excellent organizational skills. Must be able to accurately document notes in the EMR regarding referral status and insurance authorizations. Must have high proficiency of medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations. Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings.
Additional skills preferred: Proficient in use of all computer software utilized in practice