Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Our ideal candidate will...
- Along with the RT/Activity team, assists with the responsibility of coordinating, planning, and implementation of the therapeutic and or recreational activities for the participants of Senior TLC. Reports to Team Lead.
- Conducts an initial assessment and scheduled reassessment of all participants, minimally every 6 months or with a significant change in condition and assessment must be completed prior to scheduled team conference. Communicates participant changes with team members
- Records, signs and dates progress reports in the participant's medical record.
- Helps to develop, implement and supervises the Recreational/Activity Program in the center
- Plans and provides both group and individual activities.
- Develops specific programs as part of the plan of care to include therapeutic recreational and/or social activities.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning. Communicates any changes in participant condition to team members.
- Serves as a resource to staff and coordinates volunteer activities at the center.
- Builds within the Center a sense of community and a warm social atmosphere in which participants are able to identify a support system.
- May provides direct supervision of activity assistants or Garden nursing assistants, which would include yearly evaluations, corrective actions, approving PTO and time sheets and other duties as assigned.
- Participates in QA activities as appropriate
- Coordinates with various community resources.
- Assists the team with enhancing function, mobility, independence, quality of life, quality of end of life for our participants.
- Education: BS degree in Recreation Therapy or NC Activity Coordinator certification or High School Graduate with at least 3 years experience working with the frail elderly population providing activities services.
- Experience: Minimum 1 years experience in social or recreational program providing and coordinating services for a frail elderly population within the past 5 years.
- Number and Type of Employees Supervised (optional): 0-10
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required:
Licensed Recreational Therapist in NC
or Activity Coordinator certification
Special Training: Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Good understanding of psychosocial problems of aging. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior Total Life Care and approved by CMS before working independently.