Receptionist / Participate Services Representative
Senior TLC (STLC) | Gastonia, NC | Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for greeting the visiting public & participants, answering phones, and monitoring security cameras, in conjunction with the STLC receptionist. Responsible for assisting/performing the role of the STLC Customer Service Coordinator such as the initial contact for daytime customer service to Participants and Caregivers by receiving requests from the Participants, Caregivers, and Drivers for information and/or care in the center. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Director of Community Education or designee. Works closely with the Senior TLC Transportation Department, Customer Service Coordinator, Community Education Department, and Receptionist. Manages complex situations for which he/she is responsible.
Education: Associates Degree Preferred, High School Diploma or GED minimum.
Experience: Has worked in a primary care practice as receptionist, referral coordinator or MOA for 3 years or more. Has at least 1 year of experience working with the frail elderly population.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Associates Degree preferred.
Special Training: Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to provide customer service to participants; other training as required by department. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior TLC and approved by CMS before working independently.
Key Responsibilities: (*denotes an age-related skill or task)
- Represents Senior TLC with accurate and comprehensive information as requested by guests and visitors.
- Serves as receptionist, managing participant flow into and out of the center, directing phone calls and inquiries to appropriate staff members as requested
- Signs in and tracks the attendance of participants who are enrolled. Sorts participant lanyards daily and assists with the checking in/out process.
- Facilitates requests for information and data, resolves administrative problems and inquiries as requested
- Monitors facility security cameras during daily business hours, reporting any security issues to department supervisor.
- Collects participant monthly liability payments for the Finance Department.
- Assists the Customer Service Coordinator in the initial identification of Participant’s overt problems/needs. Identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up using critical thinking skills.
- Provides tours for prospective enrollees, visitors, and guests and keeps a log of all tours completed.
- Provides administrative support for the Community Education Department and Administrative Executive Assistant as requested.
- Communicates participant changes to team members by using available technology
- Performs administrative tasks including the printing of the monthly participant emergency book, assisting with preparing participant food bags, and maintaining the participant/staff RFID tags, the monthly charging of the tablet and the muster box which are to be utilized during emergency drills and in the event of an emergency.
- Assists the Transportation Department with incoming calls and questions when transportation staff is unavailable.
- Oversees supply inventory and ordering of supplies
- Other duties as assigned